Monday, April 20, 2009

one month


Asher turned one month old today. I can't believe it has been that long already. Some days it feels like he has been here forever, other days I feel just as overwhelmed as the first days home from the hospital.

In honor of his birthday we are making a cast of his footprint that some friends gave us tonight for FHE.

Asher is a very good eater. He pretty much eats every two hours and if something delays this he is not a happy camper. He is not the best sleeper but we are working on it.

Asher has marked his territory all over the house. He has spit up on the couch, my pillow, my bed, the floor, etc... I've found poo on my pants, the boppy, Quinn's shirt, my hands and Quinn's hands. Fun, fun. And for people who know me they know I don't do well with poo.

He is growing like a weed. I measured him for fun last night and he is just about 24 inches long already...crazy...no wonder he eats like crazy. This outfit he is wearing is even a 3-6 months.


We also just got back from my postpartum check up. The doctor said everything is fine and I was happy to see I only have 3.5 lbs to get rid of to get down to pre-baby weight.

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

His cuteness is overwhelming. I want to hold him.

KickButtMommy said...

What a marvelous posting! Happy one month Asher. Yes, I must agree, the bodily fluids are hard to get used to. Miley just baptised the couch while I was changing her diaper.....3.5 pounds to go. You are an inspiration to me! I guess I better lay off the ice cream I have been pounding....He is absolutely gorgeous in every way!

Grandma Nutt said...

Oh Devry, Asher is soooo beautiful, sooo grown up and stylish. What a difference one month makes. And you, Mom, have done a fantastic job. I love you for it. Happy one month Birthday Asher.

Kaelyn said...

He looks so big already! Time flies by like nothing! Kristy and I were talking the other day about how he already looks older. He is just darling! I hope to get to meet him someday!

Cara said...

He is stinkin cute! What a little guy! I can't wait to see how his face changes when he smiles. That's nice about the weight. After your first it's easy, it just disappears. I'm still holding on to some baby weight from #3 and #4. Souveniers.

whitey said...

Glad to hear you both are doing fine , he is handsome.

the peine's said...

I can't believe he is a month already! I think that he looks just like you! Great job on the baby weight! You rock!!!!

FRYBABY said...

It is so much fun watching him grow even though it is not in person! What a doll he is!

Nettie said...

He is undescribably CUTE!