Tuesday, November 03, 2009

family history

Our Sunday School lesson this week was on seeking out your ancestors and doing your part towards your family history. It got me thinking that I should start making my parents tell us stories from their past. Perhaps I may just even get a digital recorder and pester them a bit when I'm back in Utah this winter. I know my Dad will be on board since he is currently obsessed with scanning every last picture we have and creating a digital copy so that we can all have a DVD with all the family photos.

But it also got me thinking about displaying my family tree and wouldn't you know what I saw on Design*Sponge today. They had a link to a very cool site that makes modern genealogy displays, check it out HERE. I'm thinking I would love this one  


or this one




6 comments:

GrandmaNutt said...

What a great idea to help the children better appreciate their ancestors. It would be fun to watch all the different names add up and know that you were related to all of them. Sounds like a good project for the long, dark months of winter. And.....you have a great fireplace over which to put it.

Nettie said...

I think that is an excellent idea. The sooner you ask your folks for the stories, the better. I love hearing all the old stories. The family tree would be beautiful to display. I'll have to go in and check the site out. Thanks for the idea! (Can't wait to see Vicki !) We are all getting together Friday night. It will be fun!

Lindee said...

ooo those are so cute! i'm going to have to do that too! thanks for the insight.

KickButtMommy said...

very cool.

Jordan said...

How fun! I like the one on top!!

jenna marie said...

the top family tree is my favorite and I just went and drooled over your family portraits. two words: awe some!!