Tuesday, May 15, 2012

best week ever

Well, it's my best week ever. It's the one week of the year that Quinn dreads. I always feel sorry for him having to deal with so many special days so close together.

On May 6th, Quinn and I celebrated 6 years of marriage. We had a super busy weekend so we counted the two of us getting to go to see the Avengers that weekend as our anniversary celebration. Saturday, I had a Primary service activity and then we went straight to Quinn's company picnic. But always thoughtful, Quinn had beautiful flowers delivered for me.

One week later, he had a double whammy with my birthday and Mother's Day on the same day. I thought it would be super lame to have them both on the same day but turned out it was awesome! I had such a fantastic weekend. Saturday morning I got to go to a birthday party with Asher. I loved watching him have so much fun and play with all his friends. That afternoon Quinn and I decided to be totally irresponsible and go on a shopping spree to spend all of our birthday cash. It was so much fun! We went shopping for 5 hours with the kids and came away with tons of fun stuff. Quinn once again had a beautiful bouquet of lilies delivered. Sunday morning I woke up to a breakfast of waffles, strawberries, whip cream, bacon, orange juice and fruit. It was delicious. One of the highlights of the morning was Asher spontaneously (without any encouragement whatsoever) singing Happy Birthday to me. It was so adorable that I cried. We went to church. When I picked Asher up from nursery he was so excited to show me the bracelet he had made for me. His nursery leader told me that he was so excited to make it and made the whole thing practically by himself. After church I took a nap. Heaven! We finished off the birthday celebration with a yummy ice cream cake.



I am so grateful for a wonderful husband and two beautiful children who spoiled me and made me feel so loved on my birthday/Mother's Day! It was probably my best birthday ever!

7 comments:

Kim said...

Happy Birthday Dev! So glad it was great:)

Kristy said...

Happy Birthday Twin-er:) I'm glad you had a great day! I told Jer all I wanted was a nap...haha I'm glad you went shopping! So fun!

Cara said...

Yeah, that's awesome! You deserve all the love and attention from those boys.

Unknown said...

Still craving that ice cream cake...

KickButtMommy said...

You deserve to be spoiled.

GrandmaNutt said...

Happy Birthday, and Happy Mother's Day, AND happy Anniversary. It is a gangbusters month for you and you deserve all the spoiling love you can get. Glad your men stepped up.

Anonymous said...

a Great family