Thursday, August 24, 2006

Adventures of a Pseudo Gamer

I usually have about two and a half hours to kill from the time I get home from work from the time Quinn gets home from practice. So last night after work, I turned on the Xbox 360 and played. I started off by playing a little Texas Hold 'Em, a game that we just recently downloaded for free. However, while playing our new Bishop stopped by so I soon began feeling guilty for playing a video game where I was pretend gambling so I then switched to Geometry Wars. I was hoping to be good at this game to make my husband proud. He wants nothing more than for me to become some sort of gamer. Unfortunately, I was NOT good at it. In fact, I stunk! I think I am destined to only be a amateur gamer. I do love my DS but even that game play is suffering as of late as we can't find which box we packed the charger in when we moved. I guess I will just have to find other talents to fine tune and postpone my days of a Gamer until later.

5 comments:

lacy lee said...

D, I feel your gaming pain. I have never been much of one for Nintendo (as I term all systems of the like). I lack fine motor coordination. I once tried this computer game where you discover things and move to different levels. But I was no bueno. I still remember my hurt feelings when Austin watched behind me for a bit and then shooed me off the computer saying, "Oh, you have to be smart to play this game."

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let anyone who cares know that I have created a new blog called www.jacobch4.blogspot.com.

Anonymous said...

maybe you'll have something to talk about soon?

Lindsay said...

More posts!! And please put some stank on it!

Anonymous said...

7 weeks without a word (or post)....

Pink Floyd said it best: "Hello, is there anybody out there?"