Friday, September 21, 2007

Surprise

Some of you may or may not know that the last 9 to 10 months have been really hard. Without getting in to too much detail, in an effort to help with the stress I've been spending a lot of time in Utah the last couple of weeks and we've been getting creative with the job search. The last few days have been pretty rough though. However, last night I was sitting on my couch catching up with my newly engaged cousin Megs (whom I hadn't seen since she left for her mission) when my dad walks through the door after "visiting a friend that was in town." But right behind him was Quinn. They had been working all day to surprise me with it. It was a most wonderful surprise and I'm so happy he is here and that we will get to spend the week together.

Thanks to both of our families for supporting us through these difficult times. It means the world to us. Thanks Dad for flying Quinn out here as a surprise to me and thanks to my sister-in-law Heather who gave me a much needed pep talk over IM the other night. It was greatly needed and greatly appreciated. We love you all!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dev, you two constantly surprise and please us. Your folks are wonderful and I can see where you get that same characteristic from. Glad you are enjoying a less stress-filled time, if only for a short while. Love you both.

Still love playing Q's game trailer. I get a thrill everytime.

Anonymous said...

I have to say I was a little disappointed that your surprise was not that you are pregnant. I guess it's cool that Quinn came to visit though.

jmr said...

hey devry, what a nice surprise! maybe I'll run into you guys at grandmas or something? :) luv u both! Heather is so good at pep talks. she needs her own show.

KickButtMommy said...

Oh Devry, Miles and I love you guys so much. We would do anything to help you! Glad your dad is there to spread some love and cheer.

KickButtMommy said...

Just reread that and realized you are in Utah and your dad brought Quinn there. Duhh. Sorry. That is an awesome surprise! Have a great week!

KA said...

I'm with Steph. But I do hope you had fun.