Thursday, October 18, 2007

This Post is for Kristen and Any Other Yankee Fans Out There

How are we feeling about this?



First off, I must admit that I only casually followed the Yanks this year. Primarily this is due to the horrid start they had to the season. I just couldn't bear to get into it only to be so let down. Towards the end of the season as things started to get interesting I followed a little more closely. I still could not get fully invested. Good thing too as true to recent form, they were once again booted early from the playoffs. Anyway, all that being said, I can't say I hate the idea of a new manager. Don't get me wrong, I love Torre and he has done amazing things for the team during his twelve years, but lets be serious, something has got to change. With the talent and payroll that they Yankees have they should not be struggling like they have been. I'm not saying I expect the World Series every year, but come on, can they at least be in contention for the AL East through most of the season instead of just always making some miraculous push right at the end of the season and ending up with the Wild Card by the skin of their teeth??? Am I asking too much??

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yankees, do or die! Good or bad they're my team. Hate to see Torres go but in this world (sports) nothing is forever. Glad he walked under his own terms, though. He is a class act.

Ryan Brijs said...

Torre is a class act and the Yankees Redsox makes for such good TV, too bad...go Rockies!

Anonymous said...

They have made it to the playoffs for 8? straight years and you are constantly disappointed? I was at Yankee stadium when they clinched a wildcard spot. I am afraid to tell you that sports will always be filled with ups and downs, wins and losses, and exciting season ending wildcard chases.

I think you are just chaffed because the $--- eating RedSox are in the World Series. If it was anyone else, you wouldn't feel so sad that the Yankees 'only' got to the playoffs. But if the Rockies don't win I am going to punch all the Boston fans who work at Maxstream.

KA said...

Sorry it took me so long to respond to this--I was out of the country. But I will say this: LOVE Torre and am in mourning that he is gone. And, assuming Posada and Riveira will go too......so so sad. However, if it's Mattingly, I will perhaps be able to swallow it a bit better. And a little shift towards small-ball could help, I think.
All that said, Steinbrenner is an idiot.