Sunday, October 28, 2007

A World Series Rant

Even though my interest is slim to none in the World Series, I did watch some of the game tonight. And all I could think of was the following:

Ok, seriously, why would anyone name their son Coco Crisp? I mean first off, Coco should never be a man's name. It is a nickname for a girl. Coco Chanel, Coco Cox-Arquette, etc... And to add insult to injury, don't name your son Coco if his last name is Crisp. Am I wrong here, people?

In other news, Quinn and I have been having a lot of spending time with each other the past week. He even went with me and saw Elizabeth: The Golden Age. Is not he a good husband? I enjoyed the movie overall although it wasn't as amazing as I had hoped. I've never seen the first Elizabeth, which I heard is amazing, so watching this definitely made me want to watch it. Now if only Lindsay will hurry up and buy the DVD player that edits movies so I can watch it it all its edited glory.

6 comments:

KA said...

If you can even call it a Series. Colorado is mailing it in.

Devry said...

KA, very true. There was an inning or two last night where I thought we might have a game. But alas, no. This is why all my attention and energy was focused on being upset that someone looked down at their darling newborn little boy and said, "You know what name I think would suit him, Coco Crisp." It is just disturbing.

KickButtMommy said...

I love how into sports you are. Cracks me up. Definitely would never name anyone Coco Crisp. Quinn is nice to go see that with you, and the first one is great.

Anonymous said...

I never watched hardcore men's sports except with Quinn b/c he made it sooo fun. Turn off the sound of a football game sometime and have Quinn narrate it for you. Hilarious. They should have hired him instead of abortively hiring Dennis Miller. Quinn would still be on the air today.
I think that you must be the same way, Devry, when it comes to watching sporting events. Would love to sit in on a game that you and Quinn are watching together. It would be side-splitting.

Anonymous said...

At least they didn't beat the Yankees record for the most runs scored in a 4 game series.

I am in the running for Yankees Manager, in case you didn't know. When asked about how I would play the RedSox heavy hitters, I told them I would pitch around Ortiz, bean Manny Ramirez in his damn throat every at bat and eat coco crisp for breakfast.

On another slightly related note, 'coco' is the $--- word in Portuguese. Thanks Mom and Dad Crisp!

Anonymous said...

I just recently worked with man named Tony Poloni. Quite a serious man who never cracked a smile. Probably didn't like his parent's joke either! (But it isn't as bad as Coco Crisp....really now!!)