Saturday, March 08, 2008

dana, I'm mad at you

Dana and I were discussing today how I've been spending a lot of time lately discovering the amazing and vast world of cooking and baking blogs. She asked if I had seen the blogThe Pioneer Woman Cooks. I had not heard of it. Now I am really mad at her because how could she have kept this from me for so long? I'm loving it. I love all the step by step pictures and her recipes look amazing. I can't wait to try some of them. I only wish the Superbowl wasn't 11 months away so I could have an excuse to put to use her Superbowl extravaganza recipes. I mean, let's be serious, how delicious does the quesadilla bar look?

I think I might just be up all night going through every page of this delicious blog.

10 comments:

KA said...

I saw that you added http://mykitchencafe.blogspot.com/ to your list of recipe blogs. I made the Honey Lime Enchiladas last night and they were delicious. You should give them a whirl.

Devry said...

ka, I made them two days ago and they really were quite tasty.

Anonymous said...

Q is a fortunate man to have you cooking for him. Cooking was never my forte, as you have probably heard. Love your new banner. We are visiting in Kentucky at the moment and have seen the quilt squares you made for E&M. You have incredible creativity. They are beautiful squares and the girls love them and all the sequins you used are perfectly flashy for teenage girls. Brilliant job, Dev.

Dana said...

It's good stuff. I've made her Texas Sheet Cake and it is delicious. I'm really going to have to try the Honey Lime Enchiladas now that I have two testimonies of their deliciousness.

laura said...

have you tried my friend lindsey's blog: cafejohnsonia.blogspot.com? lots of good recipes with amazing photographs.

cs said...

oh my gosh, gals, I have known and loved the P'W blog since almost its inception. She is hilarious and leads a most unique life - homeschooler, former ballerina, retarded brother, etc. And she is an amazing photographer. I like her food blog but her regular and first blog is really good. She has won several bloggies and has an unbelievable following.

Oh, btw, the bacon wrapped cracker thingys are not good. just ask ld. But i can vouch for her Marlboro Man Sandwich and her Lasagna. Really good recipes.

cs said...

oh, and Serious Eats is a good food blog too.

Cara said...

For me cooking is a necessity, not a past-time. But I do enjoy other people's love for cooking. And I have to rescind mom d's statement about not being a good cook - she ROCKS! We love Mom D! Best cinnamon rolls on the planet.

Ryan Brijs said...

I am mad at Dana too, gosh!

Ryan Brijs said...

http://pinchmysalt.com/