Thursday, August 14, 2008

worst kept secret

I had been making plans for a big announcement. My brother-in-law Ryan was going to help me out. How many of you have seen the Conan O'Brien skit "If They Mated"? For those of you who haven't it goes something like this (for some reason I can't find an actual video of the skit anywhere on the internet), they take pictures of two celebrities rumored to be dating...



and then use their photoshop magic to see what their offspring would look like...



but, alas I slacked and never got Ryan the pics he needed, but take my word for it, it would have been hilarious. But now, basically the secret is out, so without further ado, for those few people who don't already know...

Quinn and I are expecting our first child. I haven't been to the doctor yet, but I think I am due somewhere around March 21st. We are both very excited and can't wait to start a family. And for the record, our baby will be much better looking than A-Rod's and Madonna's.

19 comments:

digitalcameron said...

I think you should name your kid Cameron!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. Did you know that River's birthday is March 21st?

KickButtMommy said...

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!! I certainly hope your child is better looking than Madonna and A rods. That is just scary stuff.

Cara said...

Quinn was a pretty cute kid with dimples and curls, so you can't go wrong there. Boy or girl, the baby will be darling!

Sioux said...

Congrats and try to hold off until March 27th! He, she, they will be beautiful; can't wait to see.

Anonymous said...

Here are your congratulations in writing! I can't wait for you to be a mom, it will rock your world!

Heather said...

YEAH FOR BABIES!!!! Man, I really need to sweet talk Kyle a little more. EVERYONE is having babies before we are :( Thats okay tho. Congrats, thats soo exciting. Kaelyn just had hers. A little girl.

Anonymous said...

So, do you stick your tongue out when you throw up?

Devry said...

anonymous, tell me who you are and then maybe i'll answer :)

Kristy said...

Okay the BEST kept secret from...ME! I had no idea! We need to work on our communication skills!:) Congratulations! That is so exciting! You are going to be the most beautiful mommy and you guys are going to be the best parents! Oh P.S. PLEASE don't let Quinn give the baby a Halo name:)jk

Anonymous said...

I don't get on the blog for a day and I miss all the fun of your announcement?!! Luckily (for Quinn), Dad and I were 'in' on the news early so we can just enjoy all your preggers adventures and congratulate you on birthing in a most prestigious month. Three of our kids, including your husband, were born in March.

Anonymous said...

Awesome way to announce it. Congratulations! I hope you're feeling good.

Lindsay said...

Congrats to you both! I'm so excited for the new and destined to be adorable baby DelHoyo!

KA said...

I can't wait either, and I hope you will begin to discuss names immediately.

wendy said...

I am so happy for you guys! Congrats!

Cami said...

WHAT? Awesome Dev! You are going to LOVE being a mom, and you will be a great one! I can't wait to hear all about your plans for baby, pregnancy, etc. Congratulations. By the way, I ran into Stacy and Mallory last night at Jenny Rife's reception and they didn't say anything about it. But, they look great and were so cute. They did tell us about Cameron's news this week, that's exciting too! What a great time for your family!

KickButtMommy said...

I wanna know what Cameron's good news is!

Justin said...

Congrats!!!

jenna marie said...

SO cool! Congrats guys! I agree with Cara, dimples and curls? Cute baby!! Throw in your gorgeous-ness and this kid is going to be awesome!