Tuesday, December 01, 2009

lots of pictures from Thanksgiving weekend

We went up to Quinn's parent's house in Virginia for Thanksgiving weekend. We drove up after work on Wednesday night.

Thursday was Thanksgiving and Grandpa Airplane's birthday. We had a delicious birthday breakfast and then set to work on making a Thanksgiving dinner.

I think it turned out great!



Asher napped through dinner but joined us later to celebrate Grandpa's birthday.


 








 

Friday morning Quinn wanted Asher to bathe in Grandma's deluxe bathtub. So he did. He loved it!




Then we headed into D.C. for a trip to the Newsuem.  It was a very cool museum and I highly recommend it!



Here is Asher in front of some of the Berlin Wall.




There was a cool terrace with great views of the city.

They have a 9/11 exhibit that is very interesting. One part of the exhibit is all the front pages of various newspapers from the day after.




My personal favorite was from the San Franscisco Examiner.

 
(sorry it is out of focus)

They also had part of the radio tower from the north tower.






Saturday we took a trip to the mall and I was able to get some H&M shopping in. That night we met some old friends of Quinn Nick & Stephanie and Todd & Kelsey for dinner. We got to meet Nick & Stephanie's new daughter which is always fun. But being an idiot I forgot to bring my camera.

Sunday morning we woke up leisurely. Asher learned to play the piano from Grandma.

 

Then we packed up the car and headed home. It was a great weekend!

9 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

What fabulous pictures! It really looks like a perfect and relaxing weekend. I think the table is beautiful. I also love the pic of AQ in Grandma's massive tub. And you are gorgeous as always!

Cara said...

Never been to the Newseum - I'll have to put it on the list for our next Flat Stanley. Asher looks so much bigger, I can't wait to see him again - what a little stud!

Anonymous said...

Your future may be in photography.

GrandmaNutt said...

San Francisco is my favorite front page, also.

The telephone in Grandpa's b-day picture is Miles on the phone singing "Happy Birthday" with us. We laughed so hard. The whole weekend was way too short and we miss Asher HUGELY. His folks, too.

the peine's said...

Looks like a fun trip!!! Oh how I miss you!! I can't wait to see you & Asher....I'm even excited to see Quinn ;)

FRYBABY said...

Found out today that you are coming to visit Utah for Christmas!! We can't wait to meet little Asher!

Lindee said...

I just read Michele's comment. You guys are coming for Christmas?!?! Yay! I can't wait to meet Asher either!! He's such a little stud!

Donna said...

That museum looks so cool. I like the picture of your husband and Asher with the Capitol in the background. That came out really well!

whitey said...

The Thanksgiving table looked wonderful, make sure you pack your long-johns when coming to Utah is has been freezing.