Thursday, March 18, 2010

go go go

There are moments (like this very second) where I feel like I gave birth to the energizer bunny. Asher is non-stop. There are very few still moments with him. One comes first thing in the morning. After we get him out of the crib he will lay with us in bed and drink his bottle. I love this time. As soon as the milk is gone the moment is over. He usually will throw the bottle at his Dad's face to signify he is done and then play time begins. It rarely stops. Getting a diaper and clothes on him is a exercise in distraction. From the moment I put him on the floor to diaper him up he is off and the chase is on. I'm usually exhausted by the time he is finally dressed. And to make matters worse he seems to be resisting his morning nap with all his might. I read in my sleep book bible (Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child) that 17% of 12 month olds have dropped their morning nap. I fear we are going to be part of this statistic. It really wouldn't be so bad except that will mean that I no longer have his morning nap as a time to bathe and dress myself.  I still haven't come up with a good solution to this problem.

7 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Maybe he swallowed a battery? The loss of the morning nap is a sad day indeed. Not sure what to tell you on that one. I often put Miley in the shower with me. You could always try that. Keeps her outa trouble and gets us both clena.

GrandmaNutt said...

You could quickly shower at night before you go to bed or you could get up early and shower before he wakes up. It is like biting the bullet. The days for leisurely hot soaks in the morning sunshine are in the distant future for you now. Sigh.

But Asher will make your sacrifice neglegible. He is just too cute.

Unknown said...

The good thing for us as far as Clara dropping her morning nap has been that she sleeps longer during her afternoon nap. So, instead of a half hour nap in the morning and another half hour to 45 mins in the afternoon, it's now 1.5 to 2 hours around noon. It's better.
As far as showering - I make Evan get up early, when she gets up, to play with her before work. Then I sleep for another luxurious 10 mins. And I bathe at night. I dress with her in the room.

Dana said...

What you need is a Sadie, that's who watches Marshy when I need to shower. If perchance she is not available when I want to shower I put him in the bathroom with anything he may find remotely interesting high on the counter tops out of his reach. Also, I'm sorry Asher is cutting out his nap.

Cara said...

If you don't like night-time showering, just shower first thing in the morning while he's still in his crib - asleep or not. He can wait.

KickButtMommy said...

p.s. wish we could be there for the little darling's birthday festivus tomorrow.

Kathleen said...

Can't wait to have the little bunny here in UT.
Love, Mom