Sunday, March 21, 2010

asher's first birthday

We had the best weekend. Friday night after work we drove up to Virginia to celebrate Asher's first birthday. Asher had so much fun.



Here he is bright and early on his birthday morn.

We decided to get his very first haircut on his birthday. Just in time too. 4 people in the last two weeks had called him a girl.




Those are the before shots.



His first sucker helped him stay still (for the most part).

The after picture.

Daddy and the birthday boy.

His cake survived the journey up from North Carolina. Also, it was my first attempt with fondant and I think it turned out ok for a complete novice. Thanks to the cake master my Aunt Candy who consulted!

Mom and the birthday boy.

Getting ready to blow out the candles.

Not quite sure what to do...

He figured it out.

He received many great presents from everyone!


Asher and Chloe had a great time playing together. Chloe showed him the ropes including the fun that is Grandma's spice cabinet.

After Asher's party we celebrated Cara and Quinn's birthday. I don't have any pictures of that because my camera died, but Cara captured it perfectly on her blog. Check it out here.

Thank you everyone for helping make Asher's first birthday so special!




12 comments:

GrandmaNutt said...

The last picture told it all...those rascals getting into everything. So much fun, hugs, and kisses. Happy Birthday Sweet Asher. I miss you and your folks but I bet you get a better night's sleep tonight in your own crib. Love you Big Boy....you too, Quinn.

KickButtMommy said...

Perfect! All of it. I adore his haircut. I don't know how on earth you made his cake, but I sure hope you will teach me some day, and the party looks great. I love seeing him and Chloe together. Happy Birthday sweetest boy ever!

brittani c. said...

YOU made that fondant cake? Nice! I laughed at the girl comments. I'd be bugged too...although Asher has lovely eyes. :)

Cara said...

Yay for birthdays! We loved seeing you guys. NC isn't so very far...

Lindsay said...

Happy Birthday to Asher! I can't believe he's 1. You are completely amazing lady. That cake is incredible. Can't wait to see the DelHoyo clan in just a few more days.

Kurt and Ash said...

I love his haircut! And that cake is amazing, it looks like you are a pro not your first time using fondant! Happy Birthday Asher!

Unknown said...

I can't believe you made that cake. Why didn't you use those skills when we were roommates???
Asher looks adorable. I love the haircut pictures.

Amy said...

What a beautiful little boy! Can't believe it's been a year already! You look fabulous, too!

Jake and Steph said...

There is something about a haircut that ages a baby, he looks like a little man! Triple love the cake and can't wait to see you!

Anonymous said...

devry! i can't believe he's one already! he's just precious - love the haircut!

cs said...

That cake is adorable Devry! Great job.

Kaelyn said...

He's already one!!! Wow!! He is so big and so handsome! I swear you just had him, but I'd swear I just had Rachael and I'm about to pop out another one! Asher is so cute! Congrats on year #1