Thursday, April 01, 2010

allergic

We have been in Utah since Thursday night for my sister Mallory's wedding...a separate post on that to follow...right before we left Asher had his one year well check where the Dr. told me he had a little ear infection. Asher was put on amoxicillin. Fast forward a week. Asher started having a fever on Monday night...two days later he got a rash...Today the rash was pretty hideous so I finally took him to Instacare. Turns out the little guy is most likely allergic to penicillin. Luckily the rash doesn't seem to be bothering him that bad. The doctor also thinks the fever is separate from the rash. Anyway, through it all Asher is still just as happy as ever (thank goodness!).

4 comments:

GrandmaNutt said...

Well, that's not good...the rash, the ear infection, the penicillin allergy. Poor little guy. But what a warrior, still happy and full of charm. Give him a hug from us.

Megs said...

Bummer!! A similar thing happened to me when I had the "tumor" in my neck and was treated with amoxicillin. The last day of my prescription I broke out in a rash that progressively got worse. So glad he's been happy through it all...I was so miserable. :(

p.s. does this mean you guys will be in town for the easter festivities saturday?? yay!

KickButtMommy said...

I'm sad to hear that.

Cara said...

Asher rocks.