Friday, April 23, 2010

father and son

Asher's first word is "dada." It's the only real word he says right now with meaning. He is usually in his high chair eating dinner when Quinn gets home from work and he spies him immediately at the window in the door and shouts "Dada!" and is beyond thrilled when he comes home.

Last night was Boy's Night In as I was at Activity Days at the church. When I got home, I asked Quinn if they had fun. He said they chased each other all over the house and had a great time. This morning I woke up with a wicked headache and thanks to Quinn's flexible schedule he stayed until about 10 o'clock and took care of Asher why I tried to sleep it off. I'm glad he did because I was treated to what it must have been like last night. They were both on the floor, Asher running/crawling for his life while Quinn acted like some sort of wild animal. Asher screeched, laughed and squealed with pure delight. I swear he was laughing within an inch of his life...like if he laughed one bit harder his body would just give out. I love that Asher loves his Daddy so much!

5 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Oh how adorable. Dads and their boys are their best.

Cara said...

Daddies are so much fun! Chloe's first word was also "Dada". It won't be long before Asher is running full speed from his Dada, and Quinn will have to up his game.

GrandmaNutt said...

You have posted such an endearing mental image of your men. Fun times at your house always. Give each of the men a squeeze from grandma, but especially the short guy.

Kathleen said...

Quinn and Asher are both so full of life and fun. What a great relationship the have started.

Unknown said...

That's so cute. I require video at your earliest convenience. Thank you.