Friday, April 15, 2011

i wish

Oh how I wish my baby was 5 days old like it says in the widget to the right. But alas, my body hates me and apparently doesn't know how to go into labor.

Thank goodness my mom has been here waiting patiently with me to help keep distracted and play with Asher as much as possible. Unfortunately, I have no pics since my camera is in the hospital bag so I don't forget it...which is something I definitely would do.

I was at the OB again yesterday for a stress test for the baby. Everything is good. My midwife said the baby is just so high, so she recommends that I sit on an exercise/birthing ball as much as possible to open up my pelvis to help the baby drop and hopefully get things started on their own. The only real problem is I have to fight Asher for the ball. He is always trying to push me off of it so he can play with it.

Hopefully something will happen this weekend, if not I go in at 8 am on Monday morning to be induced again.

In other news, my brother and sister-in-law Cameron and Ashley found out they are having a boy yesterday. I'm excited that my baby boy will have at least one matching boy cousin (and possibly two if my other SIL Heather gets her wish)!

5 comments:

GrandmaNutt said...

We are all so excited to meet this little boy who is taking his own sweet time in arriving. Seems that he knows he will never have it as good as he has it now with his mommy. My thoughts, love, and prayers are always with you Devry.

KA said...

My body hated me too. 2 late babies, 2 Monday morning inductions.

KickButtMommy said...

Yay for baby boys, even stubborn ones that love their mama's warm belly! Hang in there. You are just so close. I know the last 2 weeks has seemed eternal, but IT'S ALMOST OVER! In just a minute you get to hold that little man in your arms!

Cracking up at the ball! Of course he is fighting you for it! Love it love it love it.

lacy lee said...

wishing you much luck!! Next blog post: Birth Story!!

Cara said...

We love baby baby boys, too, and I can't wait to meet your new little man. Maybe if you turn on Chuggington Asher will let you sit on the ball!