Monday, June 13, 2011

best. vacation. ever.

This was my back yard for the last week. 

My parents rented a house right on the beach for our family vacation/reunion. Thanks mom and dad! We had an amazing time. We ate delicious food from crepes to tapas. We spent mornings, afternoons and evenings on the beach. We flew kites, played in the sand, ate ice pops and double stuff oreos and generally had the time of our lives.

Here are a ton of pics for your viewing pleasure. The pics are all Mal's and Ryan's. I had my camera out for about an hour before I put it away never to look at it again because why take pics when others (with better cameras) will take them for you?






 Joe and Marshall doing some yoga on the beach

 Jax working on a 500 dollar fine for playing on the dunes






 Mark teaching Sadie the art of the skim board




 I think this is the only pic of Quinn and me together.

 The elevator in the house was a hit with the kids but they were only allowed to ride it with an adult.

 Ryan was the official driver of the party van (15 passenger van that we rented).

 Fun with bows

 For some reason Stacey doesn't want to be photographed with Quinn

 Ice pops my fav was the coconut sesame ginger. Delish.

 A random birthday party for everyone.

 Marshall face



And stay tuned for our family pictures on the beach but here are a few candids from the photo session.






4 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

It all looks fabulous! I am sure you are walking away with wonderful memories. How amazing that your whole family flew all the way there! I love it. Definitely need to get on a DelHoyo reunion at an NC beach! Can't wait to see your family pics. I am sure they will be perfect.

Megs said...

love everything about this. I'm desperately trying to get Kody to apply to grad schools on the east coast so I can enjoy me some east coast love! So glad you guys had such an awesome time! ...can't wait to see those fam pics.
p.s. WHEN are you coming to utah?! ;0)

Cara said...

It looks like such a nice, laid-back week. I'm sure it was nice for everyone to get away and just chill together.

Grandma Nutt said...

Devry, I thought about you and your family all week, last week. So glad that all was a fabulous hit. Your pictures are precious.
Can't wait to hear more about your vacation.