Tuesday, June 21, 2011

grateful

I remember when before I was married how much I would love to spend time with my niece Sadie and my nephews Joseph and Jax (this isn't to say I no longer enjoy spending time with time with them because I do). I would love reading stories with them, having sleepovers, making cakes, etc... Every time I would have one of them on my lap I remember thinking how much I couldn't wait to have one of my very own. Tonight, as I was holding Beckham, Asher came and worked his way onto my lap for some cuddle time. I was overcome with gratitude for my two little boys. I am truly blessed. 

And believe me, I needed this moment as lately I'm usually thinking to myself "What in the world made me think I could do this?"

3 comments:

Cara said...

I definitely remember those moments - both the good and the bad. I still have them, too, only now it's when the kids are screaming at each other, slamming doors, beating each other up, etc. And I think, "What was I thinking?" But then there are the great moments, too, that make it all worth it!

KickButtMommy said...

I love this. Sometimes, and it can often be at the least expected moments, it just hits you, how wonderful it all is.

Grandma Nutt said...

I am grateful for your influence in the lives of your sons and in the life of my son. You are the BEST and I love you.