Thursday, August 18, 2011

my grandpa



My Grandpa Jerry passed away this morning. It was not sudden or unexpected. He went into the hospital two weeks ago for an infection and things went from bad to worse. A few days ago they moved him to the hospice floor of the hospital and said he could pass any day. When my phone rang early this morning I knew that is what my Dad was calling to tell me.

I am grateful for my Grandpa. He is a very generous man. He has helped me many times. He helped me move to New York and most recently he loaned Quinn and I the money we needed to close on our house. He has done much for me in my life. He has taken our entire family on some truly amazing vacations and provided us with life long memories.

Just a few weeks ago, they had an 80th birthday bash for him. My sister Mallory talks about it here. I'm glad they all got to have one last party before his passing.

 We love you and miss you Grandpa!



7 comments:

Cara said...

He sounds like an amazing Grandpa! Hugs to you Devry!

KickButtMommy said...

I'm sorry for your loss. Sounds like he had a beautiful life.

Stephanie said...

He was awesome. I will keep your family and especially your grandma in my prayers.

Amy said...

So sorry about your grandpa. Sending my love and hugs your way.

whitey said...

Amazing memories you will have to tell your children. Sorry for your loss.

GrandmaNutt said...

Grandfathers are so special and yours was doubly so. My sympathies to your mother and your grandmother and to all of your family. It is special that you could make it out west to be with them.

Anna Friedman said...

I am sorry to hear about your Grandpa's passing, Devry. My condolences to you and your whole family.