Tuesday, February 05, 2013

In 10 days...

We are moving.

Here.


Or at least there abouts. We aren't quite sure where we will end up in the Seattle area. We will be in corporate housing for a couple of months and then probably rent something for a bit while we wait for our house here to sell  (pray hard please!).

It all happened so fast. Quinn has a great new job that he is beyond excited to start. I still break down in tears everytime I drop Asher off at his preschool and think about how sad I am that he doesn't get to finish out the year. I know, pathetic, but I can't help it.

And to top it all off, I have pretty much nothing to do. We spent the last two weeks getting the house ready to sell. We organized, threw away, painted, planted, pressure-washed, etc...and the house has never looked better. I feel like I should be busy, but really my life is in limbo. I can't make future plans quite yet, but my life in North Carolina is pretty much over in 10 days. It's a very strange feeling. Now we just have to wait for the movers to come and do all the hard work.

I will miss North Carolina dearly. Its truly a great place to live filled with fantastic people. And I will miss hush puppies. A lot. I'm excited to move to a more urban area with great food and shopping and to explore a new area of the country.I'm a bit hesistant to live in a place that doesn't have a ton of sun, but  I made Quinn promise if we moved to Seattle that we could vacation in Hawaii often and he agreed. So there is that to look forward too!

All in all, I'm excited for a new exciting adventure for our family!

4 comments:

Megs said...

How exciting {and closer to family! yay!}!!! Good luck with the move...can't wait to hear all about Seattle. And yes, TOTALLY frequent Hawaii. ;0)

Oh, and btw, I'm pretty sure Wisconsin is on the way to Seattle. Come visit! ;0)

Cara said...

Don't forget Forks! You have to do the Forks vacation.

GrandmaNutt said...

I cannot believe that beautiful home in Fuquay is going to be vacant soon. I treasure the days I have spent there with Mister Asher and Mister Beckham. But the whole world is opening up for you now. Congratulations, and I'll be seeing you in Seattle.

KickButtMommy said...

Saying goodbye and moving on is always painful, but I must say a new adventure is always exciting. And you are definitely the type that will make the most of every situation. You will have friends and a home in that place in no time. I just know it. so exciting to see Quinn's name announced and his accomplishments touted. Just think, all those years we bugged him about playing too many video games and now it's on his resume. LOVE IT! LOVE YOU