Monday, July 17, 2006

The Art of the Side Dish


I heard that there was a lively debate that took place at one of the tables at my wedding regarding side dishes. According to several reports, the men felt like a meal required a side dish, while the women felt like their job was done with the main dish or entree. I need help. While, I love Dream Dinners and the convenience that it has brought to my life, I am struggling with the art of the side dish. I can pretty much never come up with more than salad, rice or potatoes. Quinn hasn't complained, but I'm bored with my own lack of selection. Thoughts or suggestions?

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

Jello, fruit, vegetables, garlic bread, fries, fried potatoes or hash browns Mmmm. Or Muffins, I love a muffin.

JerzyGrl said...

Mixed veggies are always good (California mix from the freezer sections), corn on the cob, peas, and asparagus is awesome. Also, those Pillsbury crescent rolls you can buy & bake are always a great addition. Start scanning restaurant menus when you go out for the kinds of side dishes they serve...and go from there. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I enjoy salad, mash potatoes or a little fruit medley with my dream dinners and how rad is the knit breakfast image, well done!

Devry said...

Thanks Ryan. But unfortunately I can not take credit. Joe, here at work, who also created my blog therefore knows the password, hacked in and posted the image.

Anonymous said...

I feel for you Devry....when everyone says that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, the pressure mounts. I discovered years ago that no matter what kind of meat you served if you just told Quinn that it was chicken he would eat it.. Also you might notice that he eats all of his veggies first thing. That is only because he eats his least favorite food first. Always has, always will! Go with the vanilla ice cream and root beer all stirred up in the ice cream container together. That's all he needs. Trust me!

KA said...

Somebody mentioned asparagus. Steam some of that and then drown it in this:

2 Tbl melted butter
1 Tbl soy sauce
1 Tbl balsamic vinegar

Jennie taught me this, who learned it from her bro-in-law, Dan. It's delish.

NapaGirl said...

If you love Dream Dinners you should try Dinner MyWay! Their food is awesome and they will soon be offering side dishes too! www.dinnermyway.com