Thursday, April 03, 2008

highlights and lowlights from my dallas trip

Highlights:

Spending time with Quinn. Having so much fun and being so busy that I didn't have time to blog.

Going to a BBQ, getting dessert and playing Wii with my cute former roommates Candice and Lindsey. It was so much fun to get to introduce them to Quinn and see them again after all these years.

Going to a Guildhall birthday party followed by a 3 hour game (until 2:30 am) of Phase 10 with friends Jeremy and Chetan.

Having John and Phoebe over for Sunday dinner and learning how to play Munchkin.

Making this and this.

Being able to fit into jeans that I haven't worn in over a year.

Lowlights:

Horton Hears a Who. We were both really disapointed. For having both Jim Carrey and Steve Carrel doing voices I expected much much more.

21: Bringing Down the House. I did not like all the changes they made from the book. It was OK but the book is soooo much better.

Leaving 75 degree weather at 6:30 am and landing at 10:22 am in 32 degree weather.

Being sick for the two days after I got home.

Leaving Quinn.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I felt like I stepped into a whirlwind when I started reading your blog. Wow, you are busy. Congratulations on the jeans....something like that is always important to all the womenfolk. I have tons of stuff in my closet I can't get into.
Glad that you had a great time.

Mallory said...

highlight (of coming to utah): mallory and charming wit and good looks

KA said...

Three hours is why I hate playing Phase 10.

jmr said...

Welcome back, how much longer does he have? Or is it too early to ask this question?

KickButtMommy said...

YAY! What a fun time you had and major kudos on the jeans! Sounds like it couldn't have been better (minus the movies). Only a few more months to graduation! YAY!

Cara said...

I'm digging those sandwiches and apple dumplings. Too bad I don't have the kutzpah to make something like that myself. Next time you visit the East Coast Dels you are cooking!

Sioux said...

So glad that you and Quinn got to spend time even if it was to play a game for 3 hours! Ask El and Michele about the Apple Dumplings -- we had them at lunch on my b-day, and they are 'to die for'!

the peine's said...

Congrats on getting into your jeans! That is such a great feeling! Glad you had fun with the hubby!

lacy lee said...

Another lowlight: Missing Lacy while she was in Utah...I'll have to catch you in May.

Dana made those dumplings on Easter and they really were divine! You'll have to make them when I come again so I can compare and contrast whose use of Mt. Dew is most spot on! Yummy.

Rubymelt said...

I'm so glad you joined us for a fun night. Be sure to let me know when you are in town again, so we can play!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.