Wednesday, May 20, 2009

two months

Asher had his two month check up today. He is a big growing boy. Here are his latest stats:

Height: 24 inches--75 percentile
Weight: 13 lbs 10 oz--80 percentile
Head: 16 1/4 inches--75 percentile

The doctor said he is an awesome baby and very healthy. They gave Asher three shots. The doctor had said the nurse was really fast at giving the shots. She was like a shot giving ninja. I turned away for a second and heard Asher start to cry and she was already on the third shot. Asher screamed really loud and Quinn teared up just a bit. It was cute (Quinn, not Asher screaming bloody murder).

Today also starts Operation Sleeping In Crib. I told myself I would give him until two months and then I would start training him to sleep in his crib. I hope it goes well. He is napping in his crib right now. I hope this is a sign of good things to come.

At two months old Asher coos and smiles all the time. He has discovered his tongue. He snorts when he gets frustrated. He has started sucking on his fist. He has started to sleep about 4 to 5 hours at a time (finally!). He still is a bit of a cat-napper but has started taking one long nap in the morning (heaven!). Asher loves music. He loves to be sung to. Sometimes when he is a little bit fussy I'll sit him on my lap in front of the computer and spin the hits on YouTube. He loves Leonna Lewis and Westlife (obviously). He has a mind of his own. He knows when he has a wet or messy diaper and lets it be known. He doesn't like to be left alone in a room, he wants to be in the action. He likes sitting face forward on your lap to watch the fun colors on the TV. He loves his bath and is all around absolutely adorable.

In honor of our new efforts to get him sleeping in his crib, here are some pics of the various locations in which he currently sleeps or naps.

8 comments:

Sioux said...

Look at the eyelashes on that boy-he is gonna have the girls eating out of his hand! So Cute!

Cara said...

That boy is almost as big as his cousin Chloe! He grows fast and is sure cute. Good luck on the crib sleeping thing. Let us know how it goes. He'll get there eventually.

GrandmaNutt said...

You can tell by looking at that boy that he has an awesome mommy. He is definitely a healthy, happy linebacker. Good job Devry.

And thanks for the new group of pictures. Grandma is now happy again. Love all three of you.

PS I hate the baby shots, too. So Medieval....there has got to be a better way. Glad that Q could be there with you both.

Britt said...

Hi Devry,

I found your blog through a friend of a friend...

Congratulations on Asher! He is such a doll. So much hair! I had our baby girl, Eve, on March 8, so our kids are very close in age. I hope all is going well for you and Quinn! I know Bryan misses Halo tournaments.

Brittany Hunsaker

Kristy said...

Oh my he is so cute! I can't believe that he is two months already! Crazy! He is beautiful and that is really cute that Quinn teared up. Nothing id really cuter than a Dad lovin' his boy! I hope you're feeling better too!

Anonymous said...

I see some roundness in his arms and legs that wasn't there three weeks ago.He is changing rapidly. The pictures are adorable. I need him to pay a visit to his grandparents in UT because we miss him.
Love, Mom

KickButtMommy said...

What a brut! I love it. Can't wait until he and Miley can wrestle with each other! Good luck with the crib sleeping!

the peine's said...

Asher is so sweet. I can't wait to meet him!