Thursday, October 15, 2009

moving day(s)

We have spent the last two weeks getting the house move-in ready. My mother-in-law graciously came down last week and helped us paint all the bedrooms. One of the bedrooms was an ugly pale orange and one was a bright pink. We also painted the master bedroom. It was blue. We are so grateful she could come down and spend the week with us. We could not have done it without her.

Tuesday the movers came and moved all of our stuff from storage to the house. Here we are in front of our new house on moving day!



We spent a lot of the day unpacking. We made good progress but we still slept at the apartment since our clothes and toiletries were there.

Asher and I spent Wednesday at the house waiting for the cable guy and doing more unpacking. I took this picture of Asher playing with Daddy's lancer replica from Gears of War. It might make me a bad mom, but I think it is adorable :)





Today I spent  most of the day packing up all the stuff we have acquired over the last 3 months. We have made due (or at least we thought) with the bare minimum but we still somehow managed to accumulate a ton of stuff. After work Quinn made a couple of runs to the house with boxes of stuff. We will sleep one more night here at the apartment and tomorrow we will officially be living in our new house!

7 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Gorgeous picture of a gorgeous family in front of their gorgeous new house! Love baby A with the gun!

whitey said...

Love the mini rambo baby! What a cute smile he has. What a great Mom to come and help out.

Cara said...

LIttle Asher reminds me of his squirrely daddy! I'm just waiting for him to grow curls.

GrandmaNutt said...

Thinking of you today as you make the permanent transition to your new home. The moment the house fills with the aroma of fresh, yummy cooking will be the magic moment of homeness. Miss you and handsome Asher. Have fun.

Ashleigh Youngberg said...

where did you get that adorable brown hat asher has on?

lacy lee said...

Hey--MY bedroom is painted blue! Offended :)

Can't wait to see you next weekend! Then the little first cousins once removed can finally meet!

Devry said...

@Lacy: for the record, I liked the blue, it just didn't match any of the stuff I had for my room so I HAD to change it.

Can't wait to see you too!