Sunday, October 18, 2009

pumpkin patch

Saturday we took Asher to his first pumpkin patch. Quinn's work had an event at Ganyard Hill Farm in Durham.

Besides the ridiculously cold temperatures it was a lot of fun.


First stop was visiting the goats with Dad.



Next up was some cotton picking with Mom.


We spent some time in the patch and picked out three pumpkins to take home with us.




After snapping a family photo it started to get dark and really really cold. We ate some food and then hurried home.  We stopped for hot cider on the way home which helped warm us all up. Then we settled down to watch some ALCS playoffs. Unfortunately, I had to go to bed before the game was over.

Our house is slowly starting to feel more like a home. I cooked our first meal in the house and I'm beside myself with the amount of counter space and cupboard space. I love it! We also had neighbors stop by today and bring us brownies and welcome us to the neighborhood.

5 comments:

Nettie said...

How fun! Don't you just love it when the neighbors come by with goodies to welcome you in? We use to have what they called "Wecome Wagons" whereever we moved. It would be a group of ladies usually that would get a bunch of stuff together like coupons, free gifts and different stores, etc. etc. It was way cool!

Taking Asher to his first pumpkin patch looked like fun too. It's hard for me to remember how cold it was this time of the year in NC. We lived further south and probably east from where you are. I know the humidity made the air colder in the winter.

It sounds like your new home is going to be perfect for you all. (By the way, I am Vicky's cousing Janette in case I haven't ever introduced myself, and "Whitey's" next to the oldest sister.)

KickButtMommy said...

SUCH great pictures! I think there is a calendar shot in that bunch! Can't wait for the day we can come have dinner in your beautiful home!

GrandmaNutt said...

I love the line..."visiting the goats with Dad." That's about right, Dads rate the goats. Asher looks so spiffy with his spiked hair and his hightop Converse sneakers. What a studdly guy he is.

I noticed on my drive north going home the cotton fields in NC. I didn't know that they grew cotton in NC. I just figured on tobacco fields.

Were your friendly neighbors with the brownies the ones with the cooker in the b/yard, or the ones with the garage full of race cars?

Cara said...

Asher is such a lucky little dude. We used to do the pumpkin patch every year, but the last couple years have been too busy! How does that happen?

Show us some pictures of you inside the new house - I want to see Asher's new "crib".

brittani c. said...

The red puffy vest makes him look like a toddler! Congrats on moving into your house. Fall is so much fun out here in the East. I have heard from many people about how beautiful NC is.