Wednesday, May 12, 2010

an amazing week

Warning: Lots and lots of pictures!

One of my besties Kim visited us the last week.  We had the BEST time! I think we literally ate our way through the South. I mean we are talking fried green tomatoes, hush puppies, collard greens, Cheerwine, fried okra, black eyed peas, carolina bbq, fried fresh seafood, mac and cheese, banana pudding and the list could go on and on.

She arrived late Wednesday night. We spent Thursday shopping and catching up. Thursday night Quinn and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary with a fun dinner with Kim and Asher at Lucky 32

.
Friday Kim, Asher and I went to the Farmer's Market and  had a delicious lunch and shopped and admired all the amazing food at the Farmer's Market.


Did I mention Asher loves hushpuppies?

We also visited the Temple and then  rewarded ourselves with a New Orleans style snoball...think shaved ice with a huge scoop of homemade ice cream in the middle.

Saturday morning we woke up early and Kim, Asher and I headed  out for Charleston, SC. I have to go on record right now and say if you ever have an opportunity to visit this place you  MUST go...I'm talking run don't walk. It was so beautiful and amazing.

Right when you cross the border from North to South Carolina is this placed call South of the Border. It is a sight to be seen.





Let's just say it is like being in Tijuana.

We arrived in Charleston where Kim's sister Melanie and her fiance Ben were our hosts! After resting and a quick lunch we headed to Magnolia Gardens and Plantation. This place was so gorgeous. I have about  a hundred pictures but that would take way too long to upload. 
We toured the main gardens, the house and the swamp gardens which were like nothing I've ever seen before.







My computer is starting to freak out so I'll have to post the rest later tonight. Stay tuned....

4 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Wow that looks so completely amazing. I have always wanted to visit Charleston. Can't wait to see the rest!

p.s. if you upload your pics to photobucket then post them as URLs instead of straight to your PC they are much easier to load onto your blog!

GrandmaNutt said...

Did I mention that I love Asher even more than he loves hush puppies?! Great hairdo Big Guy.

Charleston looks like a wonderful adventure land. Did you run into any Rhett Butlers?

Kathleen said...

My favorite picture despite all the gorgeous mansion photos is the little guy with a hush puppy shoved in his mouth. He is one of a kind.
So nice to have a little bit of Mexico in your part of the world!

brittani c. said...

You actually went to South of the Border? That's hilarious! I remember all the freaky signs off the road and thinking "tourist trap".

I LOVED Charleston and I want to go back when the weather is warmer. And part of me is really sad we didn't end up living in the Carolinas because I need my fix on Cheerwine. What a fantastic trip!