Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Disneyland

Finally I've gotten around to posting this. Bear with me, there are a lot of pictures.

It started the night before when we all met up at Steph and Jake's time share for a little pre-Disney BBQ. We also celebrated my birthday...you can never have too many celebrations right??



On Monday we woke up bright and early with much excitement. I told the kids the first one to get up would get to ride first with me. Only Jax seemed to care about this.


My mom bought all the kids matching Mickey shirts with their names on them to wear. Asher was very excited to get the show on the road. Side note: as of yesterday if you ask him where Mickey Mouse is he will point to the Mickey on his shirt.

 Dumbo was our first ride. Asher didn't really enjoy us going up high very much.



He warmed up on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride


He rode Peter Pan with Grandpa and Grandma


After tons of fun in Fantasyland it was time for lunch. We made a quick pit-stop at Pirates where Asher fell asleep. He must have really loved the darkness of the ride because he passed right out.

Thanks to my sister-in-law Ashley and her hook-ups we were able to get reservations for lunch at Club 33.  It's a member's only restaurant in New Orleans Square. I had Filet Mignon for lunch...isn't that what most people eat for lunch at Disneyland?? It was delish. Quinn's dish came with a side of black truffled mac n cheese which Asher really enjoyed.

After lunch we headed over to California Adventure. I had never been there so I was super excited. Our favorite ride ended up being over there. Quinn and I loved Toy Story Midway Mania. Another highlight was getting to sit by Sadie on the Tower of Terror. 

At some point Asher took a nap.


Let me just say, this kid was an angel pretty much the entire time. He is a great little traveler and loved all the excitement of Disneyland.

The next day I think we woke up with slightly less enthusiasm and sore legs and feet. We used our free passes thanks to the Give a Day Get a Day.  The kids were able to meet many characters..I think by the time it was all over they had met Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Peter Pan, Belle, Mulan, Tiana, Tinkerbelle, Silvermist, Jedis, Darth Vader, Darth Maul etc...








We had lunch at the Blue Bayou which was delish as always.



Followed up with a little Jungle Cruise where I saw my first of two vomiting incidents at Disneyland.


We spent that afternoon in Toon Town.


Cameron took a bit of a nap.



Asher had fun playing in the fountain with Grandma.


We left exhausted but having had the best time. Everyone left at varying times the next day to their respective homes. It was a whirlwind trip but so much fun!!!

5 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

That looks amazing! Blue Bayou and Club 33? You are spoiled! Toy Story is the best huh? I always want to go on it again and again! It's awesome you were able to come out and go as a family!

FRYBABY said...

I LOVE Asher's HUGE smile!! It's like he is having the time of his life ALL the time!!

Ryan Brijs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ryan Brijs said...

Great recap!

Hey what was the second vomit sighting? I saw the one on the Jungle Cruise but where was the other one?

Grandma Nutt said...

You were afterburner fun time. What a wild whirlwind of laughter and fun. Every photo looks full of happiness. Kudos to Grandma and Grandpa for the idea.