Thursday, May 20, 2010

trip to so cal

Today we are recovering from a fantastic but exhausting trip to southern California and Disneyland. We left Friday night at 7 pm EDT. We arrived at Heather's (SIL) around 5 am EDT. Asher actually did quite well on the late flight. We slept in and spent a leisurely morning with Heather and the kids. Heather told us about this fantastic foot massage place down the street and since she volunteered to watch Asher off Quinn and I went. It was amazing! So nice and so relaxing. Afterward we met everyone for lunch.


Then we headed out to the pool.




That night Heather made me some delicious coconut cupcakes and we celebrated my birthday.


Asher was obsessed with Miley and followed her everywhere. They were so cute together.


Thanks to Heather for the pics, unfortunately I forgot my memory card in the computer at home!

We left Sunday around noon and met some of my friends from college. We had our own mini 10 year reunion. Where has the time gone?

Asher and Wendi (my roommate freshman year)



Quinn, Wendi, me, Fred and Joey

After lunch we drove up to Griffith Observatory. I have never been up there and I loved it. Beautiful views. I would love to go back and spend a lot more time there some day.

Melissa, Joey, Quinn, Me and Asher 

Have I mentioned that Asher is obsessed with strollers? He loves pushing them around and could do it for hours and he throws massive fits when we take the stroller away from him.

Stay tuned for the next post all about Disneyland!

4 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

It was wonderful! I am so thankful you guys took the time to make a stop here! loved it. loved Asher. love you both! He and Mimi were seriously adorable together. I wish we lived right next door to you! As for the pictures, the only good thing about low-res pictures is that they are easy and quick to upload to a blog! haha! Glad you got a new memory card so you could get real pics the rest of the trip! I truly love Griffith Observatory and think it is one of the most beautiful settings in LA. Great choice for your short trip!

Wendi said...

Dev, it was so great to see you and your family! I loved finally getting to meet Asher and I'm glad you were able to stop for a quick visit.

FRYBABY said...

So fun to see how Asher is growing and to hear of your adventures!! Glad you had a marvelous time!

GrandmaNutt said...

Asher is a doll and he and Miley are terrific cousins who will always be soul mates. Can't wait to see more pictures from Disneyland.