Sunday, October 17, 2010

our trip to utah

Asher and I had the most relaxing and delightful time for two and a half weeks while we were in Utah. I was too busy relaxing to blog but did manage to take a few pictures...not many...but some.

We arrived on the Monday after Malllory's birthday. My parents took us all out to dinner. I was too exhausted from traveling that day to take any pictures. But the food was delish and the company was great!

That same week we were able to go to Jaxson's last soccer game. Again no pics but Asher loved it. He cheered his little heart out and tried several times to run onto the field and start playing himself. We were also lucky to see Jaxson score three goals in that game!

That weekend, Ryan, Dana and the kiddies came down for the weekend. Asher discovered Jaxson's truck in the garage and would not stop until he could get in it. He spent a lot of time in that truck while we were there. He loved it.





We were also able to go to Jaxson's school carnival. It was a lot of fun.


Asher loved his balloon.

The next week, Asher and I met Ashley and Holden for Singing Time and Brunch. Quinn and Kurt are convinced that Asher and Holden will be best friends so it was good to get them together.

Unfortunately, this is the best I could do getting them both on camera.

Asher and Jax played so well together. They loved being together.

Asher and I were also able to go to lunch with Elise and Madeline. I had yet to meet Madeline and she is a cutie as you can tell from the picture.

We also had a mini Chambery reunion dinner while I was in town. It was so great to see so many old friends. Both Quinn and I miss our days in Chambery and all of our great friends we made while living there.

(Reid, Angie, Lorena, Mike, Jordan, Mike, Lindsay, Asher)

(Deanna, Beverly, Brooke, Kim, Kaelyn, Collette, James, Chris, Kyle)


Chambery 2.0 (Bailey, Rachael, Macy and Asher)

We were also fortunate to be in town for Stacey's birthday. Asher loved all the candles. Happy Birthday Sister!



I also was able to have lunch with several other great friends including Kim, Cami and Kristen. I also had a lovely dinner with two of my favorite people Kim and Lindsay.  Thank you to everyone who made time to see us while we were there. Thanks to my parents for letting me stay with them and not have to cook or clean and who took care of Asher when I was exhausted. I'm still having baby sickness but it is getting better every day. All in all, it was a great trip and just what I needed.

Our flight home was full of tantrums, canceled flights, flying west before heading east, etc...long and torturous. But we finally made it. We were greeted at the airport with flowers and a giant Thomas the Train balloon. Asher was psyched out of his mind to see his Daddy again. So was I!

5 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Looks like you had a great time. I love seeing friends and family. Daddy looks quite content at having his family back.

GrandmaNutt said...

What a rough trip coming home. Sounds like Asher did not want to leave all that attention and small cousins with whom to play daily. But that last photo with Asher and his dad makes the flight home worth it. Glad that you had a terrific time and that your baby hormones are starting to settle down. Welcome back to the east coast.

Cara said...

Welcome home! I think Asher looks more like his Daddy all the time. I just see little Quinny in those pictures. We'll have to pull out Grandma's photo albums to compare.

Kimberly Peine said...

I loved seeing you! Way to go Quinn on the flowers & balloon! Love him!

brittani c. said...

Awww, I love seeing Chambery peeps. We had the best ward, didn't we? Glad you had a great time back in Utah!