Tuesday, September 21, 2010

18 months of love

Asher turned 18 months on Monday. He had his check-up the same day. He is one healthy growing boy.

He weighed in at 27 lbs and 6 oz and is 33 1/2 inches tall. He jumped up from the 50th percentile at his 15 month check-up to the 75/80th percentile. Needless to say he has had a bit of a growing spurt.

I just love this little boy. He has brought so much love and joy to our home. I often talk with Quinn about how amazed I am how he consumes almost all my waking thoughts. I'm constantly thinking about where he is, what he is doing, does he need a diaper change, is he hungry, etc...even when he is asleep he still is always in the back of my mind. I have no idea what I use to think about before I became his mother.

Asher still doesn't say too many words but I know he will get there someday. Right now his favorite things to say are "uh-oh" and "hot."

He is a climber. I've learned this the hard way when I've found him on top of our table with some sort of dangerous contraption in his hand.

I love when he crawls right into my lap and wants to sit with me while I watch TV or cruise the internet. 

Asher loves Mickey Mouse. He is his best friend and takes him everywhere with him. He often tries to feed him, give him a drink, or change his diaper.

Asher and Quinn play non-stop on the weekends. If you ever call our house on the weekends, you can always hear them tussling in the background. They both love it. Asher loves to be chased and always starts running whenever Quinn walks towards him. They have a great time together.

Asher pretty much is just a bundle of joy and love and we can't imagine life without him!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

don't forget his third fave word "mark" and soon to be "malpal"

GrandmaNutt said...

That's my handsome boy with his mother's "glass slipper" on. Did he make it into the Primary nursery on Sunday or do you still have that to look forward to?

You and Quinn are very blessed to have Asher, but then, Asher is very blessed to have you two as parents. You all are a great family and we love you.

KickButtMommy said...

I love how you say "I don't know what I thought about before I became his mother". So true.

Cara said...

It's official. Asher is bigger than cousin Chloe. She weighed in today at 26 pounds for her 2-yr old check-up. She's only 50th percentile for her age. My kids like talking about Asher. He's their little buddy.

Stephanie said...

Very nicely put, I feel the same about being a mother. I still miss Mason every day when I drop him off at school and can't wait to go pick him up. Everything we do is with him in mind.

Anna said...

Happy 18monthbirthday to Asher! What a nice post, Dvrers.