Sunday, September 12, 2010

a relaxing saturday

We decided to go to the beach yesterday. Quinn hadn't had the opportunity to go this summer so we thought we would give it one last shot while it was still warm. We had the best time. It's a little over a two hour drive from our house. So we left around 8 am and were on the beach by 10:30. It was overcast pretty much the whole time we were there but we didn't mind. The water and the ocean breeze were both warm.


Quinn and Asher played in the sand.

Asher was so content in his little hole Quinn dug for him. He loved just sitting in it playing with the sand.

They played and had fun in the water too. Asher was a little more timid this trip then the last one but he still had a good time.




The beach was practically empty. I loved it. I spent most of the time on the blanket resting and listening to the waves and soaking in the ocean breeze. 

Today is the day Quinn has been waiting for since January.  The return of NY Giants football.

We bought Asher's shirt last year. They are adorable.

And don't worry, I have one too. Yes, we are THAT family...I'm almost embarrassed.

7 comments:

GrandmaNutt said...

What a wonderful way for a grandma to end a busy weekend. I come home from church and find pictures of Asher at the beach waiting for me. Your day looked exquisite. And the NY GIANTS rule, even if they did beat the Carolina Panthers. Right now Grandpa is parked in front of the TV anticipating the 'Skins' vs. the "Boys'. Who knew Heaven was filled with football?!

KickButtMommy said...

I love the pictures of Asher buried in the sand. And you are a cute football family. Even if we don't like football. I hear that the water is much warmer over there than here. I must check it out for myself.

Cara said...

That's OK, our boys are all decked out in Redskins gear all the time. You are not alone!

GrandmaNutt said...

I keep coming back just to see those darling photos. You all look so happy and carefree. Love it.

Megs said...

lol! don't be embarassed...we're THAT family too! ;)

the peine's said...

I love that you're THAT family! So cute! Next you will all be wearing your jersey's for your Christmas card!

FRYBABY said...

Like father, like son! They are both adorable:)