Friday, September 10, 2010

update on ww

Many people have asked me for an update on Weight Watchers. I've tried to pretty much just avoid answering the questions for as long as possible, but that can only go on for so long.

The truth is, it isn't going so well. I hit a little bit of a snag. About a week after I started I found out about this:



I'm pregnant! So I have been losing some weight and not the way I wanted to. Vomiting is not my idea of dieting. But I'm on Zofran now and the sickness is under control. I still get sick but it is much more manageable and I spend next to no time with my face in the toilet so that is a good thing.

My due date is around April 11th and we are very excited. Asher loves babies. He loves to just get in their face and smother them with love so I think he will be a great big brother.

So weight watchers is on a brief hiatus, but believe me I plan on starting up as soon as possible post-baby and I'll still have my same goal weight just a lot more to lose!

10 comments:

Dana said...

Hurray for babies and that the secret is out!

KickButtMommy said...

That is a beautiful site. Can't wait to meet Asher's little brother....or sister....but I'm pretty sure brother.

Cami said...

Yay Devry! WW can wait - this is worth it! Hope you stop puking soon, that's no fun. Congrats!

GrandmaNutt said...

So now it is official. Good!! I have been dying to tell everybody...whether they know you or not:) Glad to hear that you are feeling better and you should only have a couple of more weeks with that problem and then you'll be in the clear.
Love you...ALL of you.

Cara said...

Boy or girl we are waiting to see if baby #2 has Quinn's curls and Devry's freckles. Asher has the dimples, so the curls and freckles are on deck.

KA said...

Such fun and exciting news. I think pregnancy #2 goes faster, b/c child #1 makes the days fly by. When will you find out what it is??

Nettie said...

Congratulations to you and Quinn,....and of course that good looking Asher. He is such a handsome young man and whatever you have for #2,.....it'll be just as cute. Eyes in the family sure are beautiful! Take care and hope you are feeling better really soon.

Sioux said...

WHOA, CONGRATULATIONs!! I have a friend who also just posted (quite cleverly) about her unexpected pregnancy...'So I've been diagnosed with the Egyptian flu. For those of you not familiar with this strain of flu the course of the illness begins with general fatigue followed by nausea. Then you start to gain a lot of weight and require close doctor supervision including blood work, ultrasounds, cultures. As the flu progresses and reaches it's peak you eventually end up in the hospital with severe abdominal cramping, bleeding, and then you become a mummy!'

I'm so excited and happy for the three of you to become one more! Love and luck to you thru the next months.

Megs said...

YAY!! how VERY exciting!!!

brittani c. said...

Congrats, Devry! Now you don't have to diet during the holidays! ;) jk. I loved being pregnant during the winter because you have another little person keeping you warm and cozy (but NC winters aren't that bad, right?) Hope the nausea goes away soon!