Monday, August 30, 2010

boston

Scroll down for previous post on Newport, RI.

We drove back into Boston for a quick day of sightseeing. We stayed in the Back Bay area of Boston at the Sheraton. By the time we got to the hotel it was lunch time. We refueled and then walked around the Prudential Center for a bit before check in time. Once we checked in, Asher had a blast playing by the windows and checking out our view of Boston.


We did have a pretty great view of Boston.  Since we only had a few hours we decided to take the famous Boston Duck Tour to see what we could see.

Asher was ready.

So was Quinn.


Its not a great tour for taking pictures since you are pretty much driving the whole time but you got a great feel for what Boston has to offer and what to do next time you have a few days to spend there.

Asher was very lovey dovey on the tour.



This was on the Charles river looking back towards where our hotel is. Boston is a gorgeous city that I feel in love with. I can't wait to go back and spend some more time there.

Faneuil Hall

After the tour we walked back over to Copley Square to check out Trinity Church

Quinn loved these sconces on the facade of The Boston Public Library.

Asher was immediately drawn to this fountain.

He of course had to get in. He got soaked. We headed back to the hotel to change his clothes and rest a bit before dinner. The concierge recommend a great little restaurant Charley's on Newbury Street. We enjoyed walking around that evening and seeing all that Boston had to offer.

Then we got ready for bed. We had a mostly peaceful nights sleep. We woke up very early to catch a flight back to Raleigh.

One of my favorite pictures of the weekend...this is Asher trying to wake up this morning. He is just so cute!!!

4 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

I just know I would love Boston too. Looks like you had a great time in Boston.

GrandmaNutt said...

Ahhh, I have been waiting all day for these two postings. Now I feel as though I had a great weekend, too, even though I never left my house.

Your day in Boston looked very relaxed and adventuresome. I especially liked the two photos of your Quacker men on the Duck tour. Both of them are hilarious and full of fun. Lucky Devry.

Cara said...

I love Asher's robot jammies. What he really needs is a suitcase to put them in for all his travels. We have one up here waiting for him if you want it - Tyson has outgrown his little Spiderman suitcase and he wants to give it to Asher his "little buddy."

Jake and Steph said...

I loved these posts and I love seeing history in America. I want to visit Newport!