Friday, August 06, 2010

putting it all out there

I've debated about doing this but I've decided I can use any help I can get. So here it is. Ever since I stopped nursing Asher I've gained weight by just looking at food. Let's just say I'm almost up to my delivery weight. How depressing is that? So starting today I'm getting serious about this. I've started and stopped several times over the last few months so I'm looking for some accountability and figured my friends and family in the blogosphere can give it to me.

So here is the deal. Once a week I'll post about my progress good or bad. If for some reason more then a week goes by...call me out on it. I need your help!

Here are my goals...I'm giving myself 12 weeks to lose 23 pounds... baby weight part deux.. .I plan to do this by diet and exercise. I joined weight watchers online and my goal is to work out 4 times a week. Totally feasible.

I'll post every Monday on my progress. So stay tuned to hear how the first few days have been!

10 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Devry! You go girl! I know you can do this. It IS hard, but you will find your groove and the results will motivate you to keep on going. My advice is just suffer through the first week. As hard as it is and as hungry as you will feel, DO NOT CHEAT! Go to bed at 8 if you have to (I have done that I swear) but you can do it! And don't forget to exercise because those activity points can be super helpful. Once the first week is up it gets easier. So excited for you! Can't wait to see your first week results.

Kimberly Peine said...

So excited for you! You can do it!! You're AMAZING!

Teri said...

That is one ambitious goal, girlfriend! If you are feeling hungry, drink a big glass of water. It will help the hunger pangs subside (if only for a little while). I'm also trying to lose some weight (about 15 pounds in 13 weeks). Maybe we could chat in church on Sunday about our progress! :)

Cara said...

I've still got 5 pounds from baby 4 and 10 pounds from baby 3 - so I totally feel your pain. Although you already sound more motivated than me!

Jake and Steph said...

You can totally do this! I support you!

Cami said...

Devry,
You are beautiful! And amazing. Can't wait to hear about all your progress. Will you post tips and advice for others of us needing to lose some baby weight?
Love WW btw, that is how I have always lost my weight.

GrandmaNutt said...

Well, I would give you lots of advice but just one look at me and you would know that I don't know what the heck I am talking about. Besides, you are young and T-T-T-tight, and the weight will roll off as long as you are consistent. Maybe a spoonful of Cold Sweat ice cream will kill your desire for sweets, it kills everything else.

I think you are beautiful just the way you are now so I already am impressed. Give Asher a kiss from Grandma Nutt.

whitey said...

Well for someone who still has not lost the baby weight from my last baby in 1983, I will not give advise either.

FRYBABY said...

If you think not losing baby fat is bad......I weigh what I weighed the day BEFORE I gave birth to Parker!!! YIKES!! So that is baby fat PLUS baby! (and he weighed 9 lbs. 3 oz............)

You can do this!! You are young and ambitious and there is nothing better than feeling good about yourself AND fitting into your clothes:) You have inspired me!!

Anna said...

Good luck, DVRers. I am having a similar problem. Can't seem to get down to pre-pregnancy weight. I will join you on your quest. I am sure we can do it. But maybe no Starbursts for a while.