Friday, February 24, 2006

Flashing Lights

I've been in Salt Lake since Tuesday evening attending our developer's conference that I helped organize and plan. Needless to say, it has been an exhausting week so I was very much looking forward to today because the conference ended at noon and then the hell would be over. So this morning, I was cruising along heading back up to down town Salt Lake when I notice a police officer behind me. I was just past the Lindon exit and was going around 70 mph. I thought I was in the clear because 70 mph is not going fast (Dad, it really isn't). I was wrong. He flipped on his lights and pulled me over. I was ticked, especially since there were many cars going just as fast if not faster than me during the commute. I didn't get a ticket, but not before he proceeded to lecture me on how ridiculously fast I was going. I wanted to point out that I was going 70 and not 110 mph. After the whole ordeal was over I got back into moving traffic, where I started going about 70 mph again. To my left I was past by the police officer probably going around 75 mph in the fast lane with many cars in front of him and him not pulling any of them over.

Now this pretty much has nothing to do with the wedding but I thought I would share because I'm still upset about it. It made me late and served no purpose. But in wedding news, I have a dress fitting on Monday. I probably should be starving myself for this, but I have yet to start that. Oh, well. There are still two more fittings to go so maybe I'll miraculously loose weight before the next fitting. Or at least I can hope.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

D-lux, this new color scheme is very neutral of you. Q must be so proud! And I am proud of you for using your feminine wiles to work your way out of a ticket.

Lindsay said...

D, now perhaps you can finally understand my frustration with the reservation cop so many years ago. Solidarity sister!!