Monday, February 13, 2006

We are engaged!

It is official. Some of you we have already told and others of you found out from those who can't keep a secret (That's right Mom, I'm talking about you!) But for the rest of you, this is our official announcement. Friday night, Quinn asked me to marry him and I, of course, said yes.

We will be getting married May 6th, 2006 at 3:00 pm in the Salt Lake Temple.


Below is a picture of my gorgeous ring. Quinn designed it. Of course, he has amazing taste and I am in love with it.


Friday night we had made plans to go to dinner at PF Changs. We had a hefty wait, so we decided to wander around in the mall for a while. Of course, we decided to see if my lovely cousins Lexi and Sydnee were working. Luckily, they both were. So we just started chatting with them. I was talking with Syndee while Quinn and Lexi were scheming. Lexi works at a jewelry store in the mall. While we were there, Quinn told me that we should just buy one of the cheap cubic zirconia rings that were for sale there until we got a real ring. This wasn't exactly thrilling to me. We continued to shop and right before dinner, he insisted we go back and buy one. So, I reluctantly, went back to the store. In the meantime, Quinn had entrusted Lexi with his keys and she had gone out to the car to get the ring. We got back to the store and he told me to pick out whatever ring, I wanted. I noticed immediately the addition to the display case. He asked which one I liked, and I pointed to the ring. Lexi got it out of the case for us and Quinn told me to try it on. As I did, he asked me to marry him. I would be a fool to have not said yes.

Well, I plan on updating the blog as plans for the wedding progress. Comments and suggestions are of course welcome.

We love you all!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations are in order, of course, but mostly I just want to say that I have had the privilege of witnessing said bling and it does not disappoint. In addition, award goes out to Quinn for most uncanny aptitude in winning Devry’s heart. It was to be speculated who would (could?) ever be good enough for her…and I feel a sort of cosmic exhilaration that the mystery has been solved.

Anonymous said...

I must concur with Kristen, said bling does not dissapoint at all. It's beautiful!! Good job Quinn, both on designing a beautiful ring and stealing the heart of a beautiful women.

Anonymous said...

It's about time. Congrats to the both of you. Save me some cake

Anonymous said...

I am so glad the blog is finally here and that you guys are getting married too.

Anonymous said...

Who is Quinn? What is bling? Where is PF Chang's? Is Lexi short (no pun intended) for Lexus? Is is really fake? Does your Dad know this guy? What other secrets does your Mom know? What kind of car was it and can I drive it? How many keys were on the key ring? Was the mall busy? Devry, if you're gonna blog we need info!!!
Okay, we're happy for you. When are you coming to AZ, Cliff needs to give his approval.

Anonymous said...

D! The ring is beautiful. I'm so sad I won't be there for the wedding. But do keep updated on all the good haps! Pictures, stories, all of the above. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I so enjoyed attending your engagement party with all it's tasty delights and lively conversation. You have my enthusiastic blessing on your upcoming nuptials (not that you need it). The air was filled with palpable love vibes and goodwill. Driving home I remarked to my dear husband, "Ah, the mystery of it all, love has worked it's magic once again." Sigh. He replied, "Yeah, and those little cheesecake thingys were real good too." More sighing. Only in unison. So happy for both of you. It appears to be an excellent match, for Devry Gale has always been the catch of the century and Quinn is quite the charmer, er hottie, er, I mean nice guy.

Anonymous said...

What an amazing photograph! Who took that? ...The ring is okay too.