Friday, March 30, 2007

1000 Places to See Before You Die

The Travel Channel has been advertising their new series "1000 Places to See Before You Die" and since I love (and wish I could live) to travel, I have been super excited to see the show. But I grew impatient and found a list on the web that has all of the places (plus a few more) featured in the special. The link is here. Apparently the special is based on a book written by a Patricia Shultz. So after going through the entire list, I have been/seen 64 things on the list. I guess I have a lot more traveling to do.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wasn't the Dallas Zoo with the emus one of those 1000 places?! Actually, if you have been to 64 of the 1000 you are doing very well. Now, from a woman's point of view, you will have to acquire one great thing from each place. Wouldn't that be fun!

KickButtMommy said...

I don't know mom, 1000 things seems like a lot of knick knacks to me! I have probably only been to two though, and that is not very many.

Lindsay said...

I notice that quite a few of these are in the UK. Luckily for me that makes a few of them quite easy to check of the list. Penee and H will be visiting London whilst they are here. Turns out they could have 64 checked off just by visiting that city. Why don't you come to visit me and check a few more off while your at it :)

Cara said...

I've been to 45. The UK is only the beginning of the list. There are tons of things on the list in the US, including LDS sites like Carthage jail, the Tabernacle, Temple Square, and Nauvoo. Colonial Williamsburg is on the list and I'm going there next weekend, so one more on the list!

Anonymous said...

Alright, I have to admit that I went through the list, too. I racked up 161 out of 1000 but considering how much older I am than you guys you all will probably top my number by the time you are at my age. And yes, you will someday be my age!!!

Anonymous said...

what a fantastic time waster! that killed about 30 minutes of my morning at work and for that i thank you! i've seen 67.