Monday, March 26, 2007

A Couple of Things

It has been so nice here now that Quinn is on a break. I once again have a human to talk to and interact with and not just the television.

When we first moved here, we went to this get together where one of Quinn's classmates had made enchiladas. They were quite delicious so I've been bugging Quinn to get the recipe. Finally, on Saturday night we went over to his house to get the recipe so I could make it for Sunday dinner. This guy lives in one of the apartment complexes that we looked at before we moved here. While we were parking in the complex, I saw a rat. I obviously screamed. So gross. I saw it walking in the parking lot and then scamper down into the sewer. We survived and got the recipe.

At church on Sunday, I had a feeling we were in for a calling. I turned to Quinn during sacrament and said, I bet we get put in the nursery. Well, wouldn't you know, right after sacrament, we were pulled aside by the first counselor and were given a calling. Not nursery, Sunbeams. It should be fun. Our first week is Easter Sunday. We will definitely have to bring an Easter treat to help bribe them to like us.

After church, we had the enchiladas. It is a fabulous recipe. You simmer the chicken for over an hour in this delicious mix of tomatoes, garlic, jalapenos, etc. Then you pour heavy cream over the whole thing. It is a can't miss.

5 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Okay, that is a gross rat story! EWWWWWW! Congrats on Sunbeams. I did that for many years. Better than nursery by all means. I would love that recipe. It sounds so delicious!

Heath

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your wonderful calling. You two will be so great with the three-year olds. "Popcorn popping on the apricot tree"!
Glad that you have this week to yourselves. It is a wonderful thing being able to pamper each other, especially after such a grueling 1st term with you, Devry, flying back and forth to SLC. Sleep in!!!

Dana said...

Umm, I going to need that recipe posted ASAP! Thanks.

Cara said...

Sunbeam survival kit:

treats
crayons & coloring sheets
tissues (a lot of snot flies around sunbeams)

Lindsay said...

So glad that Quinn has a break and you'll be able to spend mass amounts of time together! Hooray! I also must insist on getting the recipe asap. Sounds delish.