Monday, April 02, 2007

Bane of My Existence

Don't be fooled by these cute innocent looking birds. They are anything but. They torture me. We have two trees right outside of our bedroom window that MANY birds call home. We have tried to keep our windows open to delay turning on the air conditioner for as long as possible. But we have run into a problem because these two birds perch themselves on our windowsill--sometimes ridiculously early in the morning--every morning and coo and kaw away. It is SO SO SO annoying. It really makes me want to cause harm to the birds but we restrain ourselves and endure for as long as possible and just when we can't take it anymore we finally give in and drag ourselves out of bed, close the window and scare the birds away.

7 comments:

ld said...

I have the same problem at work. Two sparrows attack my window incessantly throughout the day. The glass is mirrored. They see their reflection and think that other birds are horning in on their territory and attack the window non-stop.

I got the bright idea to print out a giant colored copy of an owl and taped it to the window. It works when they can see in, but when the Sun shines on the window all they can see is their reflection and the attacks begin over and over and over…

Anonymous said...

Can you say BB gun? It works wonders. Leave a dead one on the ledge and the rest will never bother you again.

KickButtMommy said...

Oh yeah, that would definitely bug!

Anonymous said...

Every spring we always have one or two psycho birds trying to "break and enter". Right now we have a big robin tap, tap, tapping at our dining room windows all day long. The female bird just sits in the adjacent tree thinking what an idiot he is. I guess he thinks he is going to build a nest inside the dark area (no reflections here). I even put up the silhouette of a hawk but that didn't deter him at all. Dad used a bebe gun on the geese that attack his ornamental fish pond and that worked temporarily. Thought Quinn would like to know that...inside geese joke.

Cara said...

Feed the birds....tuppence a bag...

KickButtMommy said...

okay, there must be something in the air. Just today a bird was pecking away and trying to fly into our slider!

jmr said...

i think so heather, you've seen my little friend on my site? he still lurks about! Devry I love you Jim/Dwight conversation. If only I had a Dwight at my office, I wouldn't get anything accomplished!