Friday, October 17, 2008

edamame



I've had a bag of edamame in my freezer for months now. I don't know why I have been avoiding it. Today I was surveying the contents of my freezer/fridge for lunch options. It came down to either making a quesadilla or edamame. I opted for edamame out of sheer laziness. I didn't want to have to sit by the stove and grill the quesadilla. Edamame you just pop in the micro and voila.

I am mad at myself for letting the bag sit there for so long. It was such a delicious, easy and most important NUTRITIOUS lunch. The best part is I only used half the bag so I have another tasty lunch in my near future.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is your father. Your mother has chided me for not posting a comment on your blog. I have no opinion regarding edamame.

KickButtMommy said...

I didn't even know what it was called.

FRYBABY said...

Both Jenna and Coree store that stuff in our freezer and I have yet to taste it. Maybe it is time to venture out!

Anonymous said...

I have no idea how to say the word much less have ever heard of it. You are quite the wonderwoman Dev. My idea of a quick tasty lunch is a taste of anything chocolate. How bad am I?!

Anonymous said...

It's just soy beans. The best way to cook it is to blanche it in boiling water for a few minutes then take out the beans. Put some extra virgin olive oil in a frying pan with fresh garlic and Lawry's season salt (or just plain sea salt) and fresh ground pepper with some Shitake mushrooms in it. Trust your Uncle who makes the best tacos in the world on this one.

Anonymous said...

Now I am totally impressed with the cheffing (new word!) prowess of the Arnett clan. No wonder you are going home an extra week early just to help with the Thanksgiving prep. Later on we'll want a full rundown of your Thankgiving Day menu.