Friday, October 10, 2008

state fair



Quinn was able to leave work a little bit early today so we could hit up the Texas State Fair.
We had a good time enjoying the the food like my fried cheese on a stick (tame, I know but it sounded good to me) and Quinn's fried peanut butter and jelly and banana sandwich.




Then we hit up the Texas Star (other wise known as the ferris wheel).



Sometimes I don't know why I do things like this since I'm not all that fond of heights.


A view from up high.

Next we took out some paddle boats on the pond. We lucked out and were on the lake right when they launched off the fireworks.



Next, Quinn really wanted to get a smoked turkey leg. Here it is in all its glory.



I have to admit that I had a really hard time watching him eat that...and the smell...it made me a little sick. I had to walk a few steps in front of him while he ate it. But he managed to put it to bed.

8 comments:

Dana said...

Quinn is Awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Hook'em Horns! What happened to the fried rattlesnake on a skewer?

Cara said...

The turkey leg pic is making me a little bit sick, too! Gross. Totally Quinn, though. He always did like to gnaw on the bone.

whitey said...

That is one tall Texan! Looks like it was great fun.

KickButtMommy said...

EWWW! I always see people with those turkey legs at Disneyland and wonder how they can eat them. I am curious about the fried PBJ though.

Cami said...

You look great Dev! Hope your dr doesnt find out about your cheese stick! haha

Lindsay said...

The fair looks like a blast. I'm glad you and Quinn got out and about to experience it, turkey leg and all :)

FRYBABY said...

Way to go Quinn! How long did you keep that down???:)