Sunday, October 05, 2008

our weekend

LDS General Conference weekend is always so relaxing and refreshing. We started our Saturday off by watching the 1st session. During the break we did some cleaning and then I made a trip to Destination Maternity to buy some maternity jeans. Yes, the time has come. I can still wear my pants but not that comfortably. So I caved. And I think it was worth it. Maternity jeans are very very comfy.

I made it back in time for the 2nd session and watched it with Quinn. Then I was off for a girls night with my good friends and old roommates from my Utah days Candice and Lindsey. It was so fun to go out. We went and grabbed some dinner with another one of their friends, Nicole and then went and watched Flash of Genius.


Lindsey, Nicole, Me, Candice

I'm still not sure how I felt about the movie. I did like it. I thought it was a bit slow in places and it left me sort of questioning how long and at what cost does one fight for what one feels is right. If anyone else sees this movie I would be interested in their thoughts.

We woke up leisurely this morning and I made Quinn some blueberry muffins. Then I got my crockpot dinner going and now I''m settled down to watch more General Conference.

8 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Maternity clothes! Yay, Devry. You look great with your friends. I am glad you had a chance to get out. Enjoy your relaxing day today.

Anonymous said...

Okay, that really settles it! MIL is moving to your house where the muffins are fresh and the Spirit is strong. Bless you both. I love you, you cute little pregnant girl.

Anonymous said...

Oh...and I really am impressed with your new banner and your totally new blog format. Keeping and eagle on your baby widget, too.

Kristy said...

We love conference weekend too!! Oh and don't worry I gained 5 lbs. in like one week this past pregnancy and I laughed and said "oh man I bet the two hot dogs and one hamburger I ate yesterday in one meal didnt help"...the midwife didnt laugh and just said "you ate all that?? yeah, you can't eat like that anymore"...wasn't too funny for her...ah yeah. But seriously eat good because you dont want to get gestational diabetes...not so fun.

Kristy said...

Oh and waaay cool banner on the top of your blog! How'd ya do that???

Cara said...

Enjoy these relaxing days while you can, bc once you become a mommy, they don't come around so much anymore.

Jenna and Joe Layne said...

you look great and I'm so happy for you guys!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

DelHoyo, call your Uncle Jeff. I need some information on how to do something on my blog. I would ask Lacy but she's in Mexico and besides your blog is always changing and looks better than everybody else, so I figured you'd know how to help me. Maybe, it's Quinn that does your blog changes since he's some sort of designer, but then again you are a graduate of an Ivy League school so maybe your are computer savvy. Did I mention to call me?