Tuesday, June 30, 2009

we aren't the only ones leaving

While we were finding out we were moving to North Carolina, Danny & Stacey decided to take advantage of an opportunity and spend the rest of the summer in Manassas, VA. Last night we took advantage of them still being in town and had them watch Asher while Quinn and I went and saw Transformers 2. Let me just say that that movie is so hideously awful. Also, tonight we met them for ice cream to say our Texas goodbye. Stacey and Jax leave tomorrow for the Arnett family reunion in Utah and Danny will drive out to Virginia. We aren't too sad about this as them being in VA for the rest of the summer puts them much closer to us once we get to NC.

Here are a few pics from our ice cream goodbye party.


In other news, my sister Dana is currently in the hospital in labor and I'm getting super excited to see pics of my newest nephew.

7 comments:

Jake and Steph said...

Two things I love...Your baby and Jaxson's smile/"I'm going to kill you" look in every picture.

the forgotten sister said...

wow news about all your sisters but one..

lacy lee said...

What!?!? Dana's in labor? Please keep us updated on the arrival! Also, I have to agree with you about transformers. LAME! Though I swear that it seems we're the only people that thought so.

GrandmaNutt said...

Make sure that Danny and Stacy have our telephone number so that we can get together with them. We can hook up with Danny next Saturday before you all fly back to TX. Give our love to Dana and tell baby sister that we are expecting a trip to the DC area from her sometime, too.

Sorry about the conflict of reunions. Didn't realize your family also had one planned. How did we get so lucky to score the Texans this time around?

Cara said...

Hey that's where we live! Maybe they will be in our ward. Too cool. See you in a couple days.

KickButtMommy said...

How did I miss this post? I can't believe they are going to Manassas! CRAZY!

Why does Asher suddenly look 6 months old to me?

Your hair is AMAZING! How long and beautiful! I love it.

KickButtMommy said...

oh yes, and GOOD LUCK to Dana!