Thursday, August 06, 2009

lately

Quinn and his mom, Vicky were able to fly back to Dallas last weekend and drive the truck back. I'm so glad and thankful Vicky was able to make the drive with Quinn. And many thanks to our friends Sterling and KC who drove them out to Rockwall where the truck broke down!!

While they were gone Asher got a new toy. We copied his cousin Miley and ended up with the same jumparoo.

This kid loves and needs constant stimulation. So I'm loving this because I can put him in it and get a good 30 minutes out of it before he realizes I'm not paying attention to him. I love to watch him discover all the little things at his fingertips. And just today he finally figured out that the seat turns so he can move from section to section.

Vicky was able to stay for a few days and was a huge help to us when the moving truck arrived with all of our stuff and also on our first day of house hunting.

Quinn also took her for a tour of his office.


Asher loved having his Grandma visit.

Asher and I spent the day at home yesterday working on his sleeping habits. I think we are making progress. We have been doing the same today as well. He has been such a happy and joyful little boy through all the chaos of the last few weeks but it has definitely messed with his sleeping habits. I'm hoping we can get back on track soon.

Tomorrow we go looking at houses again. I liked 3 of the 6 we already looked at so I'm hopeful we will be able to find something we love.

6 comments:

Cara said...

Yay - househunting! It's fun and stressful all at the same time. We wish you the best of luck and look forward to seeing pictures of the place you pick. I like Asher's hangout. He is one cool dude.

KickButtMommy said...

Miley only lasts about 10 minutes in hers. She gets swallowed up in it.

Love that picture of mom! Definitely a keeper.

Can't wait to see what house you pick!

GrandmaNutt said...

Ahhhh, my sweet Asher. I miss him. Malcolm?....Not so much. Keep us updated on your house-hunting mission. Your home-sweet-home is out there someplace.

whitey said...

That is quite the set up for Asher, wish they made adult size.

jenna marie said...

I'm with Whitey on envying Asher, what happened to days devoted to working on sleeping habits for adults?
I like the picture of Vicky and the giant man I assume to be Malcolm? I need to get with it on my gaming characters.

KC& Sterling said...

I think Asher has grown so much just since we saw him last! So glad Quinn and his mom made it safely back to NC, glad we could help! Quinn's office looks so cool!! Good luck with the house hunting! We miss yall already!