Thursday, July 30, 2009

we are here

Asher and I have been in Cary for a few days now and are adjusting well. It is really a beautiful place. There are trees every where and it is taking me a minute to get use to that. Especially since they block your view of everything so you often don't know you are at where you wanted to be at until you have already passed it. The u-turn is my friend.

We had a few hiccups getting here. My mom, Asher and I flew in Saturday morning. I called Quinn to get an update on how far he and my dad were in their drive. Not far. The transmission in the truck blew about 30 minutes outside of Dallas. After much debate, they decided to leave the truck to get fixed the following week and press on together in the other car. There were really no good options and at least this way they were together and no one had to drive alone and Quinn didn't miss work and my Dad didn't miss spending time with the family (Danny, Stacey & Jax had come down from VA). Quinn will fly back to Dallas tomorrow and do the drive all over again. Thankfully, his Mom has graciously agreed to join him. I just hate the thought of anyone driving long distances by themselves. I'm just a worrier that way so this definitely puts my mind at ease.

We have already seen quite a bit of NC. We drove about 2 hours to Carolina Beach one day. It was a lot of fun. I spent most of my time under the umbrella with Asher. I did walk along the beach for about 15 minutes and came back with a nice sunburn on one arm.
We toured several college campuses...NC State, Duke and UNC Chapel Hill. We got an early start for Asher :)Future Blue Devil??

We drove out to see the Raleigh temple. It was raining so I didn't actually get out of the car so no pics of that.

All in all it has been a great start to our new life here. I am still having such a hard time believing that this is where I live now.

6 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Wow. Sounds like a fabulous week to kick off living in NC!

Lindsay said...

Looks beautiful! I can't wait to come and visit you. Glad you are settling in and loving the NC.

GrandmaNutt said...

So thrilled to have another east coast family unit. Atlantic Ocean rulez....I guess. I'm not much of a beach girl, but you guys look like naturals. See you and AQ on Sunday.

Cara said...

Looks like you guys belong in NC. Sorry to hear about the truck - that totally bites. But we're excited to hear about the upcoming house hunt.

Jake and Steph said...

I like the picture with Larry in the background. I don't know why, but it makes me laugh.

FRYBABY said...

I loved moving around! The moving part stinks but living in and experiencing new places is so awesome! I am getting antsy again:)!!! You will love it, I am sure!