Thursday, July 16, 2009

time of his life

I'm pretty sure Quinn is having the time of his life. Every time I speak to him on the phone he just raves about his new job. It is so exciting to hear about him interacting professionally with people he has looked up to for so long.

Quinn arrived safely in Cary, NC on Tuesday morning. There was a small snafu when he got to our temporary apartment and it was only a one bedroom. The company is switching him to a two bedroom on Friday just in time for Asher and I to get there. Other than that, everything has gone smoothly.

This single parent thing is hard. I've realized how lucky I've been to have Quinn home the last few months. It's only been three days but I miss having someone else around to help out with Asher. I really missed Quinn last night when Asher was awake from 2 am to 3 am. Thank goodness my Mom agreed to come and help out while I do moving related tasks. I can't wait for her to get here on Monday so I can have a little adult company.

3 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

I am so happy for Quinn! What a dream come true.

Cara said...

Adult company means a lot, no matter how many or how few kids you have. You have some exciting times ahead with the move. I look forward to reading all about it!

GrandmaNutt said...

You mean you want to have a conversation that involves more than just cooing sounds? Your mom will certainly bring a lot of help and comfort. Wish I could help, too.