Wednesday, September 16, 2009

cha-ching

I think I'm finally getting the hang of the coupon world. The local grocery store, Harris Teeter, just started triple coupons this morning. I went first thing this morning before Quinn left for work so I could just run in without having to haul the baby. Last night I prepped by scanning the blogs for the list of freebies and cheapies. Here is what I came away with.

I paid a grand total of $7.59 for all of it. But even that I feel is a bit misleading because i had to buy salsa because I needed it for two meals this week (and I'm picky about my salsa) so that added 3 dollars to my total. But all in all I'm feeling really great about it and I'm excited to do it all again on Monday after I get the new Sunday paper!

6 comments:

KC& Sterling said...

you have to teach me your ways! I have tried to get into this, but I just can't make it work. Did you get the paper here in Dallas?

GrandmaNutt said...

Cha-Ching is right! And at Harris Teeter, too. I'll be right over for a snack.

the peine's said...

That is amazing! You must teach me! What blogs do you read to find deals?!?!

Cara said...

Your Kung Fu is strong.

I regularly spend upwards of $100 per trip to the grocery store, so I could use a little padawan time at your side.

Donna said...

Hey Devry, what a great blog! I'll add you to my blogroll and check back regularly. Congrats on saving all that money on all that stuff! That's pretty impressive.

Jake and Steph said...

Hooray! I'm so impressed! I wish we lived closer so we could do it together.