Sunday, September 20, 2009

time flies

Asher is 6 months old today. I have no idea how that happened. I swear he was just born yesterday. I know all I have to do is blink and we will be celebrating his first birthday. It goes by so fast.

But what a difference six months makes. I remember being totally overwhelmed when he was first born, totally sleep deprived and wondering if I would ever have a "normal" life again. Thankfully, I don't have my old "normal" life back, I have a new and improved "normal" life which involves spending time with Asher every day. He is pure joy wrapped up in a not so little 18 pound package.


I mean with dimples like those how could I not want to spend every waking minute with that?



Asher has the happiest disposition. He just wants to laugh, smile and play all day. He definitely has his Dad's personality.
He hardly ever cries.
He still doesn't like to nap very much.
He now thankfully sleeps about 11 to 12 hours straight!!!!!!!
He has slowly been introduced to fruits and veggies. He still HATES the rice cereal, he is not so sure about peas, but really enjoys applesauce, bananas, sweet potatoes, squash and prunes.
He now totally refuses formula which I'm desperately trying to rectify.
He is incredibly curious and grabs at everything. I can no longer hold him and eat or drink anything at the same time.
He is constantly pulling at and out my hair. Ouch!

To celebrate his half birthday we gave him what I'm sure will be the first of much officially licensed apparel...an Iron Man graphic tee. We are also going to give him some juice today as a special treat. Well, really this is more of an attempt to help him figure out the sippy cup. I've been putting formula in it but once a drop touches his tongue and he figures out that it is formula he stops trying.



                                          
This was obviously taken before he realized there was formula in the cup.


11 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Asher sounds like a dream baby. And those blue eyes and dimples are absolutely devastating. It is so much fun to hear you talk about his happiness and joy and then look at the pictures of him and see it simply exuding from every pore! I hope it is not long until I can squeeze that little man again, look into his big blue eyes, see that shy smile steal across his face, and hear his cute laugh.

Sioux said...

What a handsome boy he is! The eyes and dimples would steal anyone's heart!

Cara said...

Oh, the dimples...to me they alway meant trouble! But I'm not afraid of Asher like I was of his Dad. A-man is cute.

Soon enough he won't want to let go of that sippy cup. It's all about the sippy-cup.

GrandmaNutt said...

Happy Half-Year Birthday Asher. You are a gorgeous hunk of baby boy and Grandma loves you totally. See you in ten days, or so and then we will paint your bathroom your fav color. Be thinking about it, okay?

Cami said...

He is the most handsome baby I've ever seen (right up there with my own)! I'm not kidding. But, I don't have to tell you the obvious!
By the way, I want to hear more about Cameron and his fiance. That's awesome!

Dana said...

He's so cute! I need to see him.

Dana said...

He's so cute! I need to see him.

Janet said...

He is just adorable. And about the formula - why would he like that when he can have the "good stuff?" It's such a short time that they are totally dependent on you - I say, just enjoy it!

jenna marie said...

oh! those blue eyes and dimples!

GrandmaNutt said...

I keep coming back to stare at his beautiful face and magical smile. I am the luckiest grandma.

Kristy said...

Oh my I can't believ he is 6 months! Time really does fly! I feel like you seriously just had him. He is so beautiful Dev! I'm glad you guys are doing so well! I love your house!