Monday, September 14, 2009

farmer's market

We went to the State Farmer's Market this Saturday and had so much fun. We walked up and down the aisles drooling over the fruits and vegetables. Quinn's favorite booth was a booth with about 15 different varieties of salsa. We ended up buying a super delicious mango salsa. We also bought some fall peaches and an italian loaf bread. We ate lunch at the NC Seafood Restaurant on-site with all kinds of seafood from the shores of North Carolina. We ended up sharing a lunch plate that consisted of fried flounder, cole slaw, fries and hush puppies followed by a slice of coconut cream pie. A very delicious southern meal.  Now that I know all that the market has to offer, I can't wait to go back this weekend.

Later that day we drove around in the town we are moving too where we saw this little delight... an entire fast food restaurant revolving around the biscuit. I think I'm going to enjoy living in the South.

4 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

biscuitville. I love it.

Cara said...

I love the addition of your family pics to your header abd sidebar. Too cute. The farmer's market sounds fun and I'm all over Biscuitville!

GrandmaNutt said...

You may regret moving to such a delectable southern outpost close to in-laws. Grandpa and I just might move in.

brittani c. said...

Your farmer's market is enviable. I haven't been all that impressed with Toledo's.
I love your new family pictures...the one of your boys is a gem.