Wednesday, September 30, 2009

it's ours

We closed on the house at the crack of dawn this morning. We had to be at the attorney's office at 8:30 am and with a baby that feels like the crack of dawn to me. About 45 initials and 30 signatures later we had the keys in hand. Asher and I were exhausted from the excitement of it all so we went back to the apartment for our mid-morning naps and Quinn went off to work. It doesn't feel real yet. But I think after we do some work in the house this weekend it will start to become more of a reality. I think we will move in the weekend of the 10th.

After our naps, Asher and I went to the mall today to return a few things. While leaving the mall parking lot I saw a RAT...disgusting. It ran right under my car. I know I was in the safety of my car but I still screamed and it sent shivers down my spine. I kow they are out there but why do I have to see them and in the mall parking lot of all places?

So between buying a house and seeing a rat it was a pretty eventful day!

7 comments:

GrandmaNutt said...

At least the rat was far away from your house or apartment....but they are soooo disgusting no matter where they are.

Congrats on your home. Asher is going to love it, love it, love it.

KA said...

So I always read your blog on my RSS feed and rarely come to the actual site. What are these family pictures I'm seeing here? Love them.

whitey said...

I have rats in the hollow behind my house as long as they are on the other side of the creek I am ok, congratulations on your home!!

Cara said...

For gross on the rat. I've never seen one, and hope to keep it that way. Unless it's Ratatoille - I'm NOT INTERESTED.

Awesome on the house! We were never patient. We always go straight from the settlement to the house and start moving in immediately. We usually bring our stuff to the settlement with us. You are much smarter. :)

KC& Sterling said...

CONGRATS!!!! We are so happy for yall! I know what you mean about it not seeming real. I guess it will be real on Saturday bc that's when we have to be out of our apartment! Good luck with projects this weekend and hug AQ for me!!!

KickButtMommy said...

I can't think of anything so exciting as getting the keys to your very first home.

Just hearing the word RAT makes me want to throw up.

Bev said...

I share your sentiments on rats-just the thought of them makes me want to scream out of fear.

Congrats on your new house!