Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Apartment Hunting

This has been a lot harder than I thought. Two of the apartment complexes that were recommended to us by the Guildhall ended up being more than I was wanting to pay in rent. The third, was right in our price range. So we left Dallas figuring we would just rent that place. However, I had to go and read reviews of it on apartmentratings.com and turns out they recently had a huge rat infestation. I've been freaking myself out about it ever since. I made Quinn call the property yesterday and grill them for a long time. They assured him they had taken care of the problem and that the problem was wide spread, not just their complex, but that still didn't relax me. The lady said they had traps around all of the buildings but that she occasionally sees a dead rat in the parking lot. Hello? Occasionally? Dead or alive, once is too much.

So I've been frantically searching for another apartment in our price range. It isn't even that the rat invested apartment is just a little bit cheaper, it is close to $200 dollars less than the other ones we looked at (thanks to a deal made with SMU --hopefully pre-rat infestation).

Yesterday, I thought I had found the solution. I found some great apartments within our price range. But wouldn't you know it, none were available in time for us to move in and be settled for school.

Anywho, so finally it boils down to this. We are going to be renting a very tiny apartment, 650 sq ft and giving that a whirl for a while. It is available when we need it, it is in a great location and oh yeah, the best part is that it isn't infested with rats.

Here is a link to the property if you want to check it out.

Lakeshore at Preston Apartments

Hopefully all will go well. Wish us luck!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your apt looks really nice. That floorplan is almost exactly like our apartment in Draper where we lived when Tyson was born. The funny thing is, we thought it was so big when we moved in after living in tiny shack where the bedroom barely fit the bed, and the dresser had to be in the living room!

And I've never lived in TX, but from what I hear, you will always be dealing with pests, whether rats, or cockroaches, or mammoth mosquitos...It isn't the arid mountain west, that's for sure!

Devry said...

Thanks Cara. I'm sending over the application today and I was just informed they had a lakeview apartment available. So that will be nice.

Unknown said...

Don't complain to me until you have a rat who actually lives in your fridge: with whom you are on a first name basis.